Girls love to experiment with their own appearance, changing
individual items. For those who do not want a cardinal change
image, there is a Brazilian highlighting that can emphasize
natural color, give hair shine and visual volume.
- 1 What is Brazilian highlighting?
- 2 Pros and cons of Brazilian highlighting
- 3 For whom is Brazilian highlights suitable?
- 4 Effect of BEFORE and AFTER
- 5 Technique of Brazilian highlighting, how to do – phased instruction
- 6 Price in the cabin and at home
- 7 Hair care after Brazilian highlights
- 8 Conclusion
What is Brazilian highlighting?
The content of the article:
- What is Brazilian highlighting?
- Pros and cons of Brazilian highlighting
- For whom is Brazilian highlights suitable?
- Effect of BEFORE and AFTER
- Technique of Brazilian highlighting, how to do – phased
- Price in the cabin and at home
- Hair care after Brazilian highlights
Brazilian highlighting is one of the types of highlighting that creates
imitation of burnt naturally strands. The technique is similar to that
which is used in California highlighting, only
the master uses paint in amber, gold, beige and
IMPORTANT! Color Activation in Brazilian Highlighting
occurs due to oxygen (open method of bleaching). Where
Are you going to make Brazilian highlights?
Pros and cons of Brazilian highlighting
The technique provides many benefits, so quickly
recruited loyal fans who regularly update
Brazilian highlighting. The advantages are as follows:
- underlining the natural color of the hair without the cardinal
- masking possible gray hair;
- there is no clear transition between dyed hair and
natural, therefore it is necessary to update color less often;
- the procedure can be performed not only on natural, but also on
- the procedure allows for pregnant women because it is stained
a small amount of spinning;
- adding visual volume to thin hair;
- the procedure is suitable for hair of any thickness and length;
- visual rejuvenation due to bright colors.
However, it is necessary to take into account the fact that the procedure has a number of
deficiencies that you should know in advance:
- the most profitable staining looks on all shades
- the duration of the procedure;
- relatively high cost;
- the need to look for a competent master, since far from
every hairdresser is able to do quality Brazilian
- the procedure is impossible for girls with a perm or
For whom is Brazilian highlights suitable?
The presented type of coloring is not suitable for all girls.
The most interesting it will look on light brown hair.
IMPORTANT! If you want to get an interesting result
It is recommended to use 5-6 shades creating
Shades are often selected on the basis of the color type belonging to
- “cold tones” are recommended for fair skin
– copper, pastel beige, mocha and so on;
- for easily blushing skin with freckles
amber color recommended;
- for owners of dark skin advise
use gold or caramel shades.
On blonde hair
Girls who have blond or light brown hair are perfect
The following shades that will highlight the natural color will do:
- all wheat shades;
- mother of pearl blond;
It is possible that blond hair has reddish shades. AT
In this case, it is recommended to use a slightly different palette.
emphasizing this feature:
- copper color.
On dark hair
Girls with dark curls can play with the following
shades that help emphasize natural hair color:
- all shades of gold.
The presented tones look especially good on chestnut or
dark blond hair. Brunettes should think more carefully
need brazilian highlighting on their hair.
On light brown hair
For girls with light brown hair, the following shades will do:
Match colors based on light brown because they can
be quite diverse. When choosing, you should pay
attention to the level of lightness of hair and on their
Effect of BEFORE and AFTER
Brazilian highlights look good on different
On short hair
Short hair does not allow the master to “accelerate” and endure
long transition from one shade to another. However, the result in any
The case looks amazing, giving the owner
short hair with an extra dose of charm.
On medium hair
In the middle it turns out the most beautiful Brazilian highlights,
as the master maintains the golden mean of the transition.
On long main thing – do not stretch the shades too
strongly, creating a sharp canvas. The case must fit
competent specialist who is able to skillfully mix shades
and distribute them throughout the length.
Technique of Brazilian highlighting, how to do – phased
Highlighting is performed on dry hair.
- Dilute the dye and oxide in proportion
specified in the instructions.
- Divide hair into 4 zones. As a rule, for
similar division use two partings – vertical and
horizontal. The result should be 4 squares cross
- We must start from the back of the head, making light strokes in parallel
selected strands from root to end. Last needed
paint more thoroughly because the further the oxide from
heat source (head), the worse it is taken.
- Further stained the remaining strands. In the area of
temples it is recommended to retreat 6-8 centimeters from the roots for
create the effect of naturalness.
- To maintain the composition indicated on the package.
- Wash off the composition. Separately colored strands
rinse with a neutralizing shampoo that will stop the reaction
lightening. Use balm or conditioner for
IMPORTANT! It is recommended not to wash your hair for 2-3 days before
procedures. The sebaceous glands secrete a secret that envelops
hair, reducing the degree of further damage. More about
shampooing before the procedure
The main differences from the classic highlighting
The fundamental differences of the Brazilian highlighting from any
another are as follows:
- in most cases, the procedure is carried out in blond
- transitions are smooth, natural, no sharpness;
- the roots are not affected, only the ends;
- use of multiple shades.
Price in the cabin and at home
Inside, the highlighting procedure will take approximately 2 hours.
without laying. The cost will depend on
professionalism of the master, the length of the hair and the selected dye. AT
average, in Moscow and St. Petersburg, Brazilian coloring
will cost from 3,000 to 9,000 rubles.
If you carry out the procedure at home, spending
will be 2 or 3 times less. It will be necessary to buy only
oxide and the dye itself, which will cost about 1,500
rubles. For better results, you will need other
accessories, but in any case the price will be much lower than in
Hair care after Brazilian highlights
After dyeing, hair loses some of its strength, depleting.
In order not to harm the hair coat more than the set
It is recommended to adhere to the general rules for the care of painted
- Do not comb wet hair;
- nourish the hair with various oils after washing (this care
- do not use hair dryer / iron / curling without sharp
- wash your hair with shampoo “for colored hair”;
- the next painting should be made not earlier than in a month.
IMPORTANT! Before using the balm (or any
another washable product) you must first dry the hair
using a towel to get the best result.
Brazilian highlights do not imply clear
contrasts, only emphasizes natural hair color, combining
several shades. For owners of blond hair is
the best procedure for unobtrusive change of image. For successful
the result is recommended to choose a good master and do not forget
about the subsequent care!