Baldness is one of the most common problems among individuals.
male. Often pay attention to this pathology is very
late, which complicates the process of its treatment. But why does
alopecia and how to deal with it?
- 1 Causes of male pattern baldness
- 2 Types, types and stages of baldness in men
- 3 Androgenic Alopecia
- 4 Diffuse alopecia
- 5 Alopecia areata
- 6 Cicatricial Alopecia
- 7 Total alopecia
- 8 Is it possible to stop baldness and how to do it?
- 9 The use of special shampoos and conditioners
- 10 Medical treatment
- 11 Diet in the treatment of hair loss in men
- 12 Elena Malysheva about male pattern baldness
- 13 Poll
Causes of male pattern baldness
The content of the article:
- Causes of male pattern baldness
- Types, types and stages of baldness in men
- Androgenic Alopecia
- Diffuse alopecia
- Alopecia areata
- Cicatricial Alopecia
- Total alopecia
- Is it possible to stop baldness and how to do it?
- The use of special shampoos and conditioners
- Medical treatment
- Diet in the treatment of hair loss in men
- Elena Malysheva about male pattern baldness
This question interests both the men themselves and the beautiful
half the population of our planet. Men do not styling each
morning, do not curl hair, do not subject them to serious chemical
But nevertheless, many of them by the age of 40 have
more or less alopecia.
There are the following reasons:
- Genetics. Heredity is the factor
from which no one can escape. In the male body occurs
the production of the hormone testosterone, the amount of which is genetically
deterministic. With its excessive synthesis, suppression occurs.
growth and development of hair follicles.
- Stress. No wonder people say that everyone
diseases of the nerves. Baldness is no exception. Due to changes
in the nervous system, the blood supply to the hair follicles is disturbed,
the result is their loss.
- Disruption of microcirculation. Different as
acute as well as chronic pathologies can cause a violation
blood flow in the scalp. Little blood flow decreases
oxygen supply, as a result, there is massive hair loss.
Causes, for example, can be infectious-inflammatory
diseases of the upper respiratory tract, osteochondrosis, lymphadenitis and many
- Hypovitaminosis. Insufficient admission
vitamins in the body – the scourge of our time. Hard diets,
monotonous food – all this can cause this
pathology. Most often, the condition of the hair affects the lack
- Diseases of the hair follicles. Arise
both due to skin diseases and directly
hair follicles. In the shortest possible time to alopecia can lead
seborrhea, perifollikulit, foliikulit.
- Intoxication. Poisoning with various substances
and products can cause severe hair loss.
- Medications. Against the background of the reception
certain medicines, dietary supplements can
hair loss occurs. These drugs include
for example, antidepressants, cytostatics.
Read more about the causes of hair loss and treatment methods.
Types, types and stages of baldness in men
The following types of alopecia are distinguished in males:
Types of baldness include:
- “Horseshoe”. Alopecia of the frontal part occurs
head located closer to the temporal region with the transition to
parietal. It looks like a horseshoe, from where it takes its
- “Nest”. See hair loss on
different parts of the head. In the region of the crown there is a section of hair
looks like a nest. Quite often goes to type
- Mixed type. It is a combination
first and second types.
According to the classification by Norwood-Hamilton, the following
Stage of baldness in men:
- Stage 1 Signs of alopecia are not
- Stage 2 Slight line edge shift along
towards the crown, symmetrical frontal valleys become
deeper hair on the central part of the trapezoidal forehead.
- 2A stage. Edge and frontal hair
troughs are shifted to the back of the head. Front hairline
- Stage 3 Edge shift progression
lines, thinning hair in the central part, trapezoidal shape
growth becomes triangular.
- 3A stage. Strengthening hair thinning in
- 3B stage. See the center of baldness on
- Stage 4 The thinning of the central part, its
merging with the frontal depressions in a flat line. On the occipital region –
rounded bald patch.
- 4A stage. Front hairline indent
posteriorly, arches in a concave shape.
- Stage 5 Edge line in the form of a concave arc.
The balding area on the back of the head progresses to the middle occipital
- 5A stage. Thinning hair on the front
parietal areas, merges with the focus of baldness on the occipital
areas. The hair on the temples saved.
- 5B stage. In the central part of the forehead hair in
triangle shape. See alopecia parietal and occipital
- Stage 6. Note the absence of hair on
parietal, upper and middle occipital areas. On the temporal parts
hair is present.
- Stage 7. Preservation of hair in
lower parts of the occipital and temporal regions.
This type of baldness accounts for about 95% of all cases.
This type of alopecia is dependent on heredity.
Hair loss is observed on the parietal and frontal
The pathological process begins with thinning hair, then
there is a decrease in their length, resemble fluff, later disappear
This baldness is characterized by a uniform loss
hair over the entire surface of the head is a manifestation
violation of the cycle of hair development. This cycle is represented by:
- Anagen phase, in which the process occurs
hair formation and reproduction of hair cellular elements
follicle – the cause of intensive growth. Phase duration –
- The catagen phase – rest time after active
growth. The blood flow decreases, nutrition is less. Phase lasts from 2
up to 3 weeks.
- Phase telogen characterized by extinction
life processes in the hair. There is a fallout, after on
the same place its growth begins another hair. Duration –
REFERENCE! The development of diffuse alopecia begins
at violation of cyclic phase change.
This type of alopecia is divided into:
Telogen diffuse alopecia
Associated with a premature transition to telogen
phase. Hair no longer gets nourished, moved away,
easily come out of the follicles at any exposure.
Such a manifestation may be associated with the reaction of the body.
for stress surgery. Lasts order
several months, can pass spontaneously.
Anagenic diffuse alopecia
Arises suddenly under the influence of powerful
factors – exposure, poisoning, under the action
drugs. Hair loss is observed after the anagen phase.
If you eliminate the cause of violations, then recovery occurs.
This species is characterized by premature transition of hair from the phase
growth in the sleep phase. Foci of balding can be observed throughout
to the body.
Sometimes the focus of alopecia is overgrown and no more relapses are observed.
The causes of this species are unknown to this day.
Cicatricial alopecia is the absence
hair cover in the areas of bruises, cuts, wounds.
In these areas, the hair follicles are filled with connective
cloth in the form of a scar.
The type of baldness inherent in both adults and children.
The onset is acute, hair is falling from the entire surface.
Is it possible to stop baldness and how to do it?
If the cause of hair loss is stress, then hair restoration
cover is a very real process.
But in most cases, alopecia is irreversible,
development of which can be slowed down through a variety of means.
Treatment and remedies for baldness in men
It should be remembered that the treatment of this condition is
specialist – trichologist. He can directly identify
duration of therapy, means for its implementation, as well as appoint
Treatment Methods for Alopecia
Alopecia treatment occurs by the following methods:
The use of special shampoos and conditioners
Recommended use against hair loss
specialized shampoos and conditioners designed to maximize
slow down the process. Required to use:
- Therapeutic shampoos based on burdock oil.
Well strengthen the root part, improve the hair structure, nourish
vitamins and trace elements. Available components
contribute to the process of repairing damaged follicles.
- Means with tar. The main task –
normalization of sebum production, improvement of blood circulation in
scalp. The tar has an antiseptic effect,
and also stimulates growth processes.
- Shampoos stimulants. Possess unique
formula “hair growth activator”.
TOP 5 anti-hair loss shampoos for men
The following products are recognized as the best means.
- First aid kit Agafya;
- Vichy Dercos;
Of the total range of available pharmacological agents, the most
the following are preferred:
- Vitamins. The shortage is filled
The body of vitamins, minerals and trace elements. Part
vitamin complex must include vitamins of group B,
as well as iron, zinc, phosphorus. (more on the role of vitamins for
- Vascular preparations. Promote improvement
blood circulation. These drugs include Trental, Actovegin,
- Hormonal drugs (glucocorticosteroids).
If the cause of baldness is an autoimmune process, then it is advisable
the appointment of hormones both inside and for local use.
Bright representatives – Prednisolone and Hydrocortisone. Available in
pill form and ointment form.
- Minoxidil. The drug, provoking the growth of new
hair, slows down the process of baldness, improves blood flow. Enters into
The composition of many shampoos and conditioners against hair loss.
- Finasteride. Powerful drug used in
therapy of androgenic alopecia. Affects testosterone exchange
body that prevents hair loss.
Surgical treatment of alopecia is presented:
- Autotransplantation of hair. Represents
one of the most effective ways. Hair transplant occurs with
non-alopecia sites in the alopecia zone. If baldness
is progressive hereditary, it may
need a few surgeries.
- Scalp reduction. Removes part of skin
head cover affected by baldness. Defect
closes with skin covered with hair.
Physiotherapy has a beneficial effect in the loss of
hair. These procedures include:
- electrostimulation. Impact occurs
pulsed currents on the walls of blood vessels. Helps
restore normal functioning of head tissues, reduce volume
fat cells, restore hormones.
- darsonval. On the skin cells
affect small currents with high voltage. Expands
blood vessels, reduces the activity of the sebaceous glands, provides
proper nutrition to hair follicles.
- iontophoresis. Introduce medicinal substances
beneficial effect on follicles. Note the stimulation of division
cells, increased metabolism in them, the result – strengthening the roots and
- cryotherapy. Dot affected by liquid nitrogen
on the scalp. Similar to the effects on massage, allows
to achieve success in the treatment of many forms of baldness.
Mesotherapy is considered one of the most effective in combating
hair loss. It is an injection procedure, with
which is introduced into the skin of the head are introduced
therapeutic agents or combinations of such agents.
Components are trace elements, vitamins,
amino acids. The composition for each patient is selected in
individual order. Components are shipped directly to
follicle, which gives the body a rapid response to the input
This type of treatment uses special cold lasers.
to stimulate hair growth. The principle of the laser
therapy is based on photo-biotherapy, which occurs when
absorption of laser light by the cells, resulting in
metabolic processes and protein biosynthesis are stimulated.
The absorption coefficient of human laser tissue is low,
which makes its use safe for health.
Many believe in the power of traditional medicine. And not in vain, because
herbal ingredients can increase blood flow, increase
blood flow to the hair follicles, which promotes hair growth.
But this method will give its results only in the case of a sleeping
Means are masks. To vegetable components
origin, used in their preparation include garlic,
mustard powder, red pepper. Cause burning, slight
To preventive measures include:
- elimination of possible pathological factors
(stress, illness, lack of vitamins);
- examination by specialists at least 1 time
year (ENT, neurologist, therapist);
- in the presence of alopecia in history requires observation
Diet in the treatment of hair loss in men
Nutrition plays an important role in the treatment of alopecia. Should
stick to the following diet:
- consumption of vegetables, fruits, eggs, milk – these products
are natural sources of vitamin A;
- eating fish, chicken, cereals, offal (liver,
kidneys), as they contain a large amount of vitamins
- taking vitamin C in the form of wild rose, black currant, sea buckthorn,
more about hair loss diet
Alopecia is a pathological loss of hair, in
resulting in a complete disappearance or significant
With timely access to a specialist, the ability to save
shag increases significantly.
Elena Malysheva about male pattern baldness
- 18-25 years old 44%, 4 votes 4 votes 44% 4 votes – 44% of all
- 25-30 years old 33%, 3 votes 3 votes 33% 3 votes – 33% of all
- 30-35 years 11%, 1 vote 1 vote 11% 1 vote – 11% of all
- 45 or more than 11%, 1 vote 1 vote 11% 1 vote – 11% of all
- 40-45 years 0%, 0 votes 0 votes 0 votes – 0% of all
- Up to 18 years 0%, 0 votes 0 votes 0 votes – 0% of all
Total votes: 9 05/16/2018 × You or have already voted from your IP address.