About half of the population is subject to dandruff. At 5%
residents this problem has a systemic nature and is treated for a long
time. Moreover, the very formation of dead skin flakes in many
Cases do not cause anxiety.
In our article we will look at the most effective ways.
treatment of dandruff at home, the best pharmaceutical and
professional tools and procedures besides
tell you what to do and how to get rid of dandruff.
- 1 What is dandruff
- 2 The main causes of dandruff
- 3 Types of dandruff and their features
- 4 Anti-dandruff remedies at home
- 5 Dandruff Shampoos Top
- 6 Dandruff treatments
- 7 Folk remedies
- 8 Hair masks
- 9 Oils for dandruff and head itch
- 10 Anti-dandruff drugs in the pharmacy
- 11 Dandruff prevention
What is dandruff
The content of the article:
- What is dandruff
- The main causes of dandruff
- Types of dandruff and their features
- Anti-dandruff remedies at home
- Dandruff Shampoos Top
- Dandruff treatments
- Folk remedies
- Hair masks
- Oils for dandruff and head itch
- Anti-dandruff drugs in the pharmacy
- Dandruff prevention
Translated from the Latin (pityriasis), this disease means
“bran”. All by the fact that irritated skin exfoliates profusely.
due to the high rate of aging of the cells of the epidermis.
They lose their function and the skin gets rid of large
the number of scales that not only spoil the appearance of hair,
but also create problems when wearing dark things. Dandruff is
Horny particles come in various shapes and sizes:
scaly, layered, leaf-shaped, coarse, with pronounced
peeling, firmly retained on the skin.
Scales are whitish, yellowish or grayish-silver.
color and peel off with every touch on the hair.
The main causes of dandruff
Dandruff can occur for various reasons. Any
disease, hormonal failure or reduced immunity affect
on the hair first.
The main prerequisites for dandruff are:
- Violation of the sebaceous glands;
- Malfunctions of hormones (estrogen);
- Fungus (Pityrosporum ovale);
- Skin diseases (dermatological, autoimmune, fungal,
To indirect factors, dermatologists and trichologists
- Mental disorders, stress, physical and emotional
- Improper diet (excess fat and salt), vitamin deficiencies;
- Gastrointestinal disorders, tobacco and alcohol;
- Diseases and reduced immunity (viruses, infections and
- Using aggressive shampoos, blow-drying;
- Frosty and windy weather;
- Hereditary predisposition
!Important. Endocrine Dandruff
changes, treat complexly by analyzing the level of hormones in the blood.
Dandruff caused by fungus is treated with anti-fungal
pills or antibiotics. That is why the formation of dandruff
It is necessary to reveal its true reason, after consulting with
Types of dandruff and their features
There are 3 types of dandruff:
- Oily (thick and liquid) – with oily dandruff
scalp covered with large layered feathers .;
- Dry – dry dandruff creates a feeling
skin tightness due to the fact that sebum has a higher viscosity
and slowly released from the sebaceous ducts. Such dandruff is either easy
showered or layered and forms flakes grayish-white
colors. The cause of dry dandruff is fungus .;
- Mixed – a mixed type of disease can
appear dry dandruff in the frontal area and oily seborrhea in
occipital and parietal areas of the head ..
In addition, there are 2 forms of dandruff:
- Thick form is manifested in the formation of layers
of dead skin scales brownish-gray, soaked in skin
lard. Often there are abscesses, cysts and comedones.
- Liquid dandruff form is accompanied by
the formation of an oily reddish film on the hair and skin. Scales
dead skin envelops them tightly, boils appear and
itching and sometimes pigment spots. This is due to a malfunction.
Learn more about dandruff
Anti-dandruff remedies at home
Getting rid of dandruff with available remedies may
significantly save the budget.
It is worth remembering that the use of shampoos and ointments is not
always brings the proper result.
Home treatment should be based on
exfoliating agents that improve circulation and
contribute to the restoration of the proper operation of the glands.
Massage and peeling of the scalp
A high-speed method is scalp massage and peeling.
To do this, prepare a special composition of natural ingredients.
Massaging movements is applied to the scalp and kept up to 10.
minutes Wash off with warm running water. The procedure is repeated every
As ingredients use:
- shampoo with coffee (2: 1);
- water with salt (1: 1);
- shampoo with soda (2: 1);
- egg yolk with salt (1 tbsp.) and lemon juice.
!Important. Peeling recipes are suitable for all types.
dandruff For oily hair, add lemon juice to the mixture, for dry
– essential oils.
Masks and lotions
The second most popular tool are masks and lotions with
using available tools. Before washing hair
you need to massage your head with apple cider vinegar (2
- Effectively copes with dandruff
aspirin. 2 crushed tablets are added to
shampoo when washing hair.
- An effective tool is a decoction of burdock root
or nettle. To prepare take 20 grams of burdock, pour
water (200 g) and boil until evaporation 1/2 volume. Lotion rubbed into
10 days after each hair wash (10 min.). For
infusion of nettle will need 100 g of vegetable oil and
30 grams of grass (for dry dandruff). Ingredients mix and leave.
for a week in a dark place to infuse. The mixture is applied to the skin before
- For the treatment of oily dandruff brewed 50 g
nettle in 300 ml of water. Rinse hair with cooled broth
- For masks use natural yogurt. AT
they are added lemon juice and kept on the head for 1.5 hours.
The procedure is performed on clean hair and using
the warming cap.
- With onion dandruff to cope with onion
the juice. One medium onion is passed through a meat grinder,
squeeze the juice through gauze and put it on the skin. After 15 minutes
wash off. The procedure is repeated 2-3 times a week.
- You can also use black sourdough
of bread. Crumb soaked in water (1 hour), then rubbed
filtered solution into the scalp (under the cap). Withstand 1,
5 hours and wash off with warm water.
!Important. In popular medicine popular
use alcohol tinctures with plant extracts or decoctions.
They are very dry head and are suitable only for oily thick form.
Dandruff Shampoos Top
Consider a few effective dandruff shampoos.
Brand manufacturers have developed 2 types of dandruff shampoos:
- “Tea Tree and Mint” (Naturals Hair line
Care) – effectively copes not only with dandruff, but also
moisturizes hair. Tea tree extract affects the main
problem, and mint relieves itching and soothes the skin.
- | 2 in 1 with zinc pyrithione (Advance line
Techniques) – fights fungal type of dandruff. Active
Zinc improves metabolic processes in the cells and restores
normal sebum production. Hair becomes silky and
soft thanks to the conditioning composition.
The advantages of Avon shampoos include efficiency,
Efficiency and low cost. The compositions are suitable for combating
dandruff caused by underlying causes (fungus, blockage of glands
The company “Tvins TEK” produces shampoo for problem hair under
To combat dandruff, the company has developed tar and
- The components of the tar 911 cope with
fungal infection, heal wounds and have a soothing
act. The composition has a pronounced exfoliating and antipruritic
Effect. Tar provides better cleansing, hair is not long
are dirty. A slight disadvantage of shampoo is the smell of stewed
birch bark. It disappears in a couple of hours.
- Zinc 911 is specially designed for
sensitive and problem skin prone to dandruff. Him
the composition restores the water-lipid mask of the epidermis, normalizes
the sebaceous glands work and eliminates irritation (redness).
Zinc shampoo is more delicate than tar shampoo.
Among the advantages of the 911 line, high-quality medicinal
composition and low cost. Means suitable for all types
Learn how to choose anti-dandruff shampoo, rating
Anti-dandruff shampoo with ketoconazole
Ketoconazole is a chemically active substance
developed specifically for the treatment of fungal type
dandruff The concentration of the active substance does not exceed 2%,
what allows to use shampoo for washing of hair, without injuring
Indications for use of funds with
ketoconazole are seborrhea, versicolor, dermatophytosis and alopecia
The best shampoo with ketoconazole is ketoconazole
+ Zn2 by Elfa Pharm.
It comes in 2 versions: neutral (preventive) and
- Neutral ketoconazole + Zn2 does not affect
at Ph, can be used daily without harm to the hair. AT
composition contains fruit acids, vegetable complex
prebiotics and dairy proteins without harmful chemical compounds.
Lauryl and laureth sulfates are not used as a washing base.
sodium as well as sulfuric acid required to dissolve
- Active Zinc Shampoo is used when
greasy form of dandruff. Thyme extract normalizes sebaceous activity
glands, removes excess secretion and restores the upper layer
Both shampoos have pronounced exfoliating and
antifungal effects (Pityrosporum ovale). Effectively
eliminate redness and itching.
Dandruff shampoo without sulphates and parabens
Many brands are developing sulfate-free shampoos, in
whose composition does not include sulfates and parabens.
- The main function of sulphates is maximum
degrease and clean hair, create a cleansing foam. With dandruff
basic cleansing should be directed to the scalp, and
sulphates, due to their alkaline composition, contribute to clogging
the sebaceous glands are even more so.
- Parabens are responsible for the preservation of neutral
antimicrobial microflora throughout the shelf life of the shampoo
(preservative). Therefore, any organic shampoo can not
used for more than 12 months
The best shampoos of this class are funds.
Cyberica (Nature Siberica):
- Bio shampoo with wild Tuvinian artysh and
- shampoo for sensitive scalp with oak moss and
Both formulations do not contain parabens, sulfates and their derivatives,
chlorides and silicones.
The exfoliating effect is achieved by fruit acids and
plant extracts. The protective layer of the dermis is not destroyed under
exposure to chemical compounds.
Shampoos have a pronounced soothing antipruritic
effect and perfectly cope with the fungus due to the content
As the main shampoo, you can use the same
brand or organic cosmetics Mulsan (Mulsan) with a term
10 months shelf life
Ducray Squanorm for greasy dandruff
A great option for oily skin prone to
the formation of an unnecessary secret is the variant of Oily-Dandruff.
He fights dandruff thanks to piroctone olamine,
eliminating dead scales and rejuvenating cells
Herbal extracts and fruit acids have a healing and
soothing action. The composition does not contain
paraben, fights dry hair and tight skin.
Among the disadvantages of the product emit only the high price.
Physiotherapy is also effective in treating dandruff. She can
be used at any age, compatible with ointment treatments and not
causes irritation and side effects.
The most popular procedures are:
The procedure is to affect the scalp
direct current of low power and low voltage. Going on
activation of intracellular processes, improves blood circulation,
sebum production returns to normal, the epidermis restores
previous mode of operation.
The method consists in the introduction of medicinal formulations into the skin.
(upper layers) under the action of direct current. Anti-dandruff
solutions of magnesium, vitamins and zinc sulfate are used. They
fight against fungus and improve metabolic processes on the cellular
The method involves exposing the scalp to high-frequency
current of low power and high voltage. Improved microcirculation
leads to the cleansing of the sebaceous glands and ducts. Dandruff passes
thanks to enhanced cell nourishment.
- Laser therapy
The procedure involves the use of low-frequency radiation.
optical range, visible as infrared or
ultra-violet rays. Laser radiation triggers a chain of reactions
in cells, thanks to which the blood supply improves.
It starts the process of skin rejuvenation due to the physical
exposed to jets of cold air. Temperature drops
have a tonic effect on the hair follicles and dermis.
It is the most effective method due to direct input.
nutritional and therapeutic sera under the skin by injection. Result
from the procedure is achieved instantly.
All these procedures are based on the pore cleansing mechanism, improving
blood circulation in the vessels and the restoration of normal operation
Folk remedies local application does not guarantee
result. Dandruff can be caused not only by the fungus
or weakened by immunity, but also serious diseases
endocrine system whose treatment should be based on admission
As the main means of dandruff in traditional medicine
Henna, soda, clay, cemerichnaya water, economic and
tar soap (shampoo).
Natural henna fights dandruff thanks to
chrysophanol contained in it which blocks
spread of fungal infection. Healing effect
is achieved through the B vitamins. In addition, henna creates
protective mask film like lamination and protects hair from
- For the treatment of dandruff, henna is diluted with hot water (3: 1) and
stir to obtain a thick slurry.
- To enhance the effect instead of water, you can use decoctions from
Hypericum, burdock or nettle (2 tablespoons per 1 part boiling water).
- In the cooled mixture add 1 tbsp. castor oil and 2 tsp
- The product is applied to dry clean hair for half an hour, then
wash off with warm water.
Treatment with soda suitable for dry type of dandruff
without pronounced irritation and ulcers. Soda particles is
effective peeling agent. Mingling with dead
scales, dust and dirt, soda cleanses the scalp without applying
!Important. Soda is acid salt, extinguished.
with acids. In contact with water, forms an alkali. Long
skin contact is fraught with an allergic reaction and
- For the preparation of dandruff needed 4 tsp. soda
mix with warm water (40-50 ml) and rub the mixture into the skin, leaving
composition for 3 minutes.
- You can rinse with cold water with lemon juice or
The therapeutic effect of clay in dandruff is
supplying skin cells with minerals and chemicals
compounds that prevent their aging.
Blood supply improves, and sebaceous glands get rid of
excess fat and dirt.
!Important. Thanks to efficient and fast action
Clay masks add various vitamins, extracts or juices with
An effective remedy is blue (Cambrian) clay.
It has a pronounced antiseptic effect. Great content
Silicon cleanses the skin of toxins and rejuvenates tissue.
- Pharmaceutical clay is necessary for preparation
diluted in warm water in a ratio of 1: 2 (liquid).
- Next, the mixture is rubbed into the scalp, leave to fix
result for half an hour.
Frequent use of clay is not recommended due to drying.
Chemeritsa is a poisonous plant. Have
Infusions have a lot of contraindications for use. Buy
they can be at the pharmacy. Chemeritsa itself is rich in Smolny and
tannins that fill the pores and remove toxins.
Minerals and vitamins fight against glandularity and fat
- Chemerichnuyu water rubbed into the scalp with a cotton swab once
- 20 minutes after applying the head rinsed with a regular
Laundry soap effectively copes with dandruff
due to the high content of fatty acids (72%) and alkaline
basis (0,2%). It is an antibacterial agent and
fights infections. Get rid of dandruff completely
will help only if there is a fungus. When clogged
sebaceous glands reduces the symptoms.
- The procedure begins with washing the hair (5-7 min.).
- Wash off with warm water.
- Rinse with a solution of water and vinegar or lemon juice (2
Shampoo with tar
Choosing a shampoo with tar, you should remember the basic rules.
- The use of shampoo should be a course
(month). Otherwise, the hair will quickly get used to
tar and dandruff reappear.
- Blonde hair may turn darker.
tones. And the overdried ones – to lose their former luster and
Tar is a powerful antiseptic and antifungal
means. Among the best tar shampoos are allocated funds.
- First aid kit Agafya;
- Dr. 911.
The composition of tar soap include:
- Birch tar;
- fatty acid;
- Palm oil.
Tar has an antiseptic effect, fatty acids
exfoliate dead skin cells, palm oil prevents
skin drying Apply exactly the same as economic (2-3
times a week), but used with a break of a month (after
Dandruff masks are a minor remedy.
treatment. Their composition should be selected individually in
depending on the cause of dandruff.
Masks for oily dandruff
- 100 g of oak bark and 100 g of onion peel pour 1 l of water and
cook 30 minutes
- Cool and add 50 g of salicylic alcohol, previously
filtering the solution.
- The mixture is applied to the hair for half an hour (under the cap).
- Wash off with shampoo.
- Pharmaceutical infusion of calendula is rubbed before each shampooing,
but without shampoo (rinsing with water and citric acid).
- The composition is not washed off within 30 minutes.
- 7 cloves of garlic rubbed on a fine grater, poured
warmed burdock oil.
- The mixture is applied to the head, wrapped in cellophane and
- Wash off after 2 hours.
- To remove the garlic smell hair rinsed with water
adding citrus juice.
Whipped yolk combine with 1 tbsp. mayonnaise, add flaxseed
oil, aloe juice and honey (2 tablespoons). Leave for an hour
(film + towel) and wash off with shampoo.
- Mix 80 ml of kefir, 20 ml of castor oil and yolk.
- Heat on a steam bath (up to 37 °).
- Sustained on the hair for an hour.
- Rinse with warm water with citric acid.
- 100 g of salt or sea salt mixed with brandy (40 ml)
and liquid honey (60 g).
- Insist for 2 weeks in a dark place.
- The mixture is used for 14 days before washing the hair. Composition
rubbed into the roots for 1 hour.
- 1 tbsp. gelatin is poured with warm water (100 ml) and well
- The mixture is added to the beaten egg yolk.
- Then pour 3 tbsp. apple cider vinegar and 1 tbsp.
- Apply over the entire length of the hair and scalp.
- Stand 1 hour under the hood and wash off with water.
- Mix 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice, vitamin ampoule
A, PP, a spoonful of honey and sour cream.
- The mixture is kept for 30 minutes and washed off with shampoo.
- Nettle and chamomile (3 tablespoons) pour 200 ml of water.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Insist 2 hours and filter.
- Add 4 tbsp. apple cider vinegar.
- On the washed head put the mixture. Leave for an hour and wash
- 300 g are soaked in 100 ml of pharmaceutical extract of celandine
- Filter and put on the head.
- Stand 30 minutes and rinse with running water.
- 2 tbsp. herbs pour 250 ml of water (boiling water).
- Insist 15 minutes, filtered.
- A small amount of infusion is poured into a separate container (8 tbsp)
and mixed with 9% vinegar (20 ml.).
- The mixture is rubbed into the roots and left for an hour (under a towel).
- Wash off with shampoo with warm water (carefully).
- Mix in equal proportions aloe juice, castor oil, honey and
- Put on the head for 40 minutes.
- Wash off with shampoo and rinse with nettle decoction.
Oils for dandruff and head itch
Healing properties of oils is to reduce the speed
cell aging. Improved through nutrients
the work of the sebaceous glands and abundant cornified scales with time
disappear with irritation and itching.
Oil is used for masks that hold on to hair.
1 hour (under the film and a towel).
The procedure is repeated 2 times a week before washing.
hair. For prophylactic purposes, masks are made 2 times a
!Important. Oils have a cosmetic effect and do not
treat the very cause of dandruff. Help with fungal seborrhea, but not
can cure sebaceous gland dysfunction when fatty
The following can help with severe itching and feeling of skin tightness.
- sea buckthorn;
- lemon balm;
- black cumin;
These essential oils contain a whole complex of vitamins and minerals,
necessary for skin renewal and recovery of secretion.
Olive oil – oil is rich in antiseptic –
oleocantals that quickly relieve inflammation. Omega-3 and Omega-6
fatty acids restore lipid balance. Potassium, Sodium and
Calcium helps the skin to heal quickly.
Burdock oil – contains a powerful antiseptic
inulin and vitamin complex. Effectively cleanses the skin of excess
fat and relieves inflammation (itching).
Castor oil – contains |
ricinoleic acid, which is antifungal and antimicrobial
connection. Vitamin E moisturizes the skin, removing the feeling of itching.
Tea tree oil – oil helps with
fungal types of dandruff. It has a healing antiseptic
action. Restores the skin’s ph and resists appearance
Anti-dandruff drugs in the pharmacy
For the use of anti-dandruff medicines are needed
computer diagnostics of hair and analysis of hormones. As
the principal means the doctor prescribes shampoo (nizoral, ketoconazole,
Recommend and tablets for oral administration or added to
Mummy from dandruff
Mountain pharmacy mummy is a popular pharmacy remedy. She is
rich in proteins, essential oils and vitamins, therefore effective
Sold in various forms (tablets, powder, paste) or in
ready-made masks, shampoos and lotions. Mummy in its purest form
rubbed into the hair roots and held under the film as a mask (before
Dandruff: what vitamins are missing
A feature of the treatment of dandruff with a weakened immunity is
need for knowledge of vitamin compatibility. Dandruff appears
with a lack of the following vitamins:
- B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B9, B12;
For frequent dandruff, you should be careful with your
ration, select balanced vitamin complexes, and
apply vitamins in ampoules on the scalp (taking into account the mutual
Salicylic Acid Dandruff
Acid is an extract of willow tree. In pharmacies for sale
in the form of alcohol solutions. It is a component of shampoos and ointments.
anti-dandruff. It has anti-inflammatory, exfoliating and
antifungal action. More suitable for fat type
dandruff strongly dries the skin.
Ointments, like oils, are complex. Possess
antifungal effect and eliminate itching. The main ointments from
dandruff are Akriderm SK, Belosalik, Diprosalik, Perhohot,
Sebozol, Sulsena, Ketoconazole, zinc ointment.
Sulfuric ointment is used in rare cases. It is only suitable for
dry type of dandruff not associated with malfunction of the sebaceous
glands. It is an effective and cheap tool used as
It is a cheap pharmacy remedy for dandruff. Has a number
contraindications. It acts as an antiseptic with
the drying effect (universal).
The ointment has a pronounced antifungal effect.
(universal). Fights various types of fungi (yeast,
moldy, dermatophytes). Clotrimazole also acts as a component
in anti-dandruff shampoos (weak effect). Apply several times
per day and gives quick results with regular use.
Dandruff balms are used to consolidate the effect and
applied after washing hair (not washed off). Among the most
popular stand out:
- Fitoval (with antiseptic ichthyol);
- Subrina (with antiseptic octopyrox);
- Ducray (with antiseptic keluamide).
Disulfide is used as the main component of the paste.
selenium, so it can be used to prevent dandruff.
Developed in addition to the Sulsen brand shampoo.
Dandruff prevention is carried out comprehensively: healthy
nutrition, vitamins for hair and skin, active lifestyle and
rejection of bad habits. Hair care is tailored to
hygiene rules. Also, do not use a hairdryer and
styling products. Hair should be washed as
pollution of the scalp.
Today, the dandruff problem is solved by
the use of many different means: pharmacy, assistants and
professional. In order to find an effective composition for
individual use, you need to consult with
doctor, so as not to cause unnecessary harm to hair. Will be treated
dandruff at home? Yes