One of the most effective and frequently used procedures for
renewal and rejuvenation of the skin today recognized chemical peeling –
elimination of defects and deep wrinkles without surgical
interventions. Since such a peel is a radical method,
he must pass in a specially equipped room
cosmetologist and only if there are serious indications. what
is a procedure for whom and when it is needed? Answers
You will find these questions in the material below.
- Types of chemical peels
- The effect of acid peeling on the skin
- Description of the steps of the chemical peeling procedure
- Indications for chemical peeling
- Contraindications for chemical peeling.
- The reverse side of chemical peels
Types of chemical peels
In cosmetology, there are three types of chemical peels, the difference
which is the extent of the impact on the skin.
- Light or superficial chemical peels are destructive.
on several layers of keratinized, dead skin cells. This is the most
gentle type of peeling with the use of chemicals. Lack of
side effects after the procedure allows you to continue the usual
Lifestyle. This method is recommended for the young and usually
problem skin. The effect of the procedure is short, so courses
should be repeated.
Superficial chemical peeling is pretty
simple procedure that can be done even at home
- Median chemical peeling completely destroys the horny layer.
skin up to the basement membrane. Within 7 days after the procedure
Home mode is required. This is due to facial hyperemia and small
or krupnoplastinchatym peeling of the skin on it. Conduct such
peeling, as a rule, to solve certain problems or to
smooth out age-related changes of the dermis. The effect persists for a long time
repeat sessions should be no earlier than one year. Most
A common type of peeling is Jessner peeling.
- The most complex, deep chemical peel is aimed at
exfoliation of the epidermis with effects on the basement membrane. This
quite a crucial operation is performed under general anesthesia, since
is almost a chemical burn of the skin with
its subsequent regeneration. This peeling is carried out in
the hospital to remove scars, scars and deep skin
wrinkles. The long-term effect reaches several years, however
The procedure can only once in a lifetime. The rehabilitation period –
about 5 months.
The effect of acid peeling on the skin
Chemical peeling, as mentioned above, destroys
certain layers of skin (depending on the type of procedure), burning
her. What actually happens to the skin during and
after peeling, write down the points.
- When the epidermis comes in contact with the peeling mass, its
damage is a chemical burn.
- The reaction of skin cells becomes enhanced production of mediators
inflammation, signaling molecules, enzyme growth factors.
- The mitotic activity of the basal cells reaches its
maximum, ie, the cells of the dermis begin to actively update.
- The formation of new vessels, as well as the activation
fibroblast production, which contributes to the synthesis of new
fibrillar protein (collagen), as well as elastin,
glycosaminoglycans and all enzymes.
- The dermis becomes denser and thicker, all layers of the skin are abundant
Description of the steps of the chemical peeling procedure
- After pre-cleansing and degreasing of skin
patient cosmetologist wets a cotton swab in a chemical solution,
and then squeezes it carefully. This is important to do in order to
Avoid contact with the eye mucosa.
- Next, the solution is rubbed with a cotton applicator for 30-60
minutes Treatment time is due to changes in skin color.
The specialist begins to process the work surface from the forehead area.
Then the solution is rubbed into the nose, cheeks and chin area. WITH
Special acidity mixture is applied to the places where
wrinkles are present.
- The next step in the procedure is to stick four faces.
layers of adhesive plaster of two types: cotton (2 layers) and
silk (2 layers). This action is due to the need
keep as long as possible the appropriate concentration of peeling
solution on the skin of the face. Thus, the duration of the procedure
will be 1-2 hours. The resulting mask is not removed for two days, although
on the second day she departs herself.
- On the day the adhesive mask is removed, the beautician treats the skin.
iodide thymol, providing its regeneration. Duration
procedures – 1-2 hours. After 7 days, the swelling becomes less, and
face appears dense crust.
- In conclusion, the beautician will cover the skin with a thick layer of the usual
cotton wool The procedure time is 20-30 minutes. After a day, cotton is removed from
persons and then the patient can already take care of him with
using recommended by the doctor cosmetics.
After chemical peeling, the patient’s skin is similar to
sunburn, with such redness and peeling
will last from 3 to 14 days.
The patient has a slight burning sensation. On the skin
processed within one hour, is formed strong enough
swelling, which is why opening your eyes for the first two days will be practically
Indications for chemical peeling
Refreshing and cleansing the skin using concentrated
acids are prescribed by the cosmo dermatologist depending on
patient age, skin condition, and existing problems.
Chemical peeling of a face is possible or necessary when
- Problem skin, acne, infectious diseases (contagious
clam) – up to 25 years.
- Acne marks, hyperpigmentation, first signs
skin aging – 30-35 years.
- Hyperpigmentation of various origin, cosmetic
skin defects (scars, scars, deep wrinkles), keratosis,
human papillomavirus infection – 35 years and older.
Chemical peels are sometimes performed before plastic surgery.
and in preparation for a deep dormancy procedure (method
Contraindications for chemical peeling.
- The presence of any tumors on the skin (warts,
- the presence of even minor irritations and damages;
- herpes virus;
- skin hypersensitivity;
- the presence of allergic reactions to drugs used in
- propensity to develop keloids;
- the period of acute acne;
Prohibited deep chemical peels and in the event that
a patient has recently undergone radiotherapy or applied
Roaccutane antiseborrhoeic drug.
The reverse side of chemical peels
Beauty requires sacrifice, so deciding on a deep or
median chemical peels, you should be prepared for the fact that
transfiguration does not come immediately. First you need to move
some unpleasant moments sometimes occur after the procedure.
Here is a list of side effects that may be more or less
manifest on the skin of the face.
The chemical peeling procedure should be carried out by an experienced
dermatologist and cosmetologist, and not a cosmetic aesthetist, otherwise you risk
get not smooth skin, like “baby’s ass”, but healed
constantly red face.
- Swelling of the face.
- The emergence of small foci of hyperpigmentation.
- The appearance of blisters.
- Exacerbation of the herpes virus.
- Severe itching of the skin.
If you suffer from serious skin problems that you
They interfere with their reflection in the mirror, chemical
face peeling will be your salvation. It is important to return to you
beauty and youth always helped professional
beauticians, then success and safety are guaranteed.