The problem of “white flakes” at the roots of the hair every year
Today, not only adults are worried about how much their damage
image is applied this way, but children are increasingly
face the appearance of dandruff.
What are the causes of its occurrence in children of different ages and what
shampoos can help with this – see in this article.
- 1 Causes of dandruff in children
- 2 Features of children’s dandruff shampoos
- 3 Indications and contraindications
- 4 Effect of use
- 5 Advantages and disadvantages
- 6 The best dandruff remedies for children that you can buy in the store
- 7 Pharmacy shampoos for children
- 8 How to choose anti-dandruff shampoo?
- 9 How to use medical dandruff shampoo
- 10 Where to buy and how much it costs
- 11 Masks, pastes and other anti-dandruff products for children
- 12 Anti-dandruff treatments for children
- 13 Diet and traditional medicine
Causes of dandruff in children
The content of the article:
- Causes of dandruff in children
- Features of children’s dandruff shampoos
- Indications and contraindications
- Effect of use
- Advantages and disadvantages
- The best dandruff remedies for children that you can buy in
- Pharmacy shampoos for children
- How to choose anti-dandruff shampoo?
- How to use medical dandruff shampoo
- Where to buy and how much it costs
- Masks, pastes and other anti-dandruff products for children
- Anti-dandruff treatments for children
- Diet and traditional medicine
Important! Causes of dandruff in children of different
ages are different.
- incomplete adaptation of delicate skin to environmental conditions;
- dryness due to insufficient development of the sebaceous glands;
- lack of vitamins in the diet;
- individual intolerance to the composition of baby shampoo;
- body reaction to the introduction of complementary foods
In children from one year to 10 years
- improper care: too frequent or rare
bathing, constant wrapping and walking in a hat with or without heat
her – in the cold;
- disorders of the gastrointestinal tract;
- skin diseases: seborrheic dermatitis, psoriasis;
- allergic to food or care products;
- stress when entering the children’s team: kindergarten or
- malfunction of the sebaceous glands;
- disorders of the immune system.
In adolescents under 16 years old
- hormonal changes;
- teenage staining experiments
- stress due to high workload at school;
- effects of alcohol, drugs and
Important! A child of any age dandruff more often
caused by improper care products
endocrine disruption. It is also not uncommon
when dandruff is a consequence of a skin disease transmitted
Features of children’s dandruff shampoos
What should be in the composition?
Children’s skin is more susceptible to aggressive ingredients,
therefore, first of all it is recommended to abandon the funds
including dyes and perfumes, as well as SLS and
Quality dandruff shampoo should be based on
natural or medicinal ingredients:
- zinc – fights infectious species
lesions of the scalp and disinfects small wounds arising
due to dryness;
- herbal extracts (burdock, chamomile, nettle,
sage, dandelion, clover, plantain, licorice, nasturtium, chamomile,
ginseng, yarrow) – help gently restore damaged
patches of skin and hair, return shine to them;
- eucalyptus and tea tree oils are nice
cool the scalp and contribute to the destruction of fungal
- glycerin – moisturizes the skin at a deep level,
contributing to the cessation of peeling due to dryness;
- salicylic acid – promotes active
restoration of the epidermis;
- tar – regulates the production of skin
- sulfur disinfects wounds;
- Ichthyol – relieves inflammation from irritated
Indications and contraindications
- if the dandruff problem is not caused by an infectious or
- the child was not allergic to detergents
components contained in most shampoos.
- children under 3 years old wash your hair with shampoo
containing active ingredients against dandruff
after consultation with a dermatologist;
- individual intolerance of components: carefully
read the composition before purchasing the funds;
- bleeding sores and severe non-infectious lesions
- long-term use of pharmacy products (more than 3-4
months) is prohibited!
Effect of use
- instant: easier washing of hair,
feeling of clean scalp without adhering skin flakes;
- cumulative: medicinal components
help solve the problem, moisturizing the dermis at a deep level
and restoring the surface of the epidermis.
Advantages and disadvantages
- sold in the public domain;
- mostly universal and suitable for children
- the effect is noticeable after the first use;
- solve the problems of high fat skin.
- may cause allergies;
- are not the only element of the treatment of fungal and
infectious diseases can only be applied in
- are more expensive than regular baby shampoos.
The best dandruff remedies for children that you can buy in
You can buy this foam shampoo for the most
small: the tool is intended for age categories
0+. It contains wheat proteins,
softening the epidermis and hair. Hawthorn and Chamomile Extracts
relieve inflammation. Neutral acidity means
allows you to use it for swimming from head to
The composition of this universal means for swimming will please
lovers of natural cosmetics: 99% are natural
Components. Among them, the active components are
avocado oil and salicylic acid. With this shampoo you can
feel free to forget about dry skin.
Shampoo is suitable for allergies: it is tested
on hypoallergenic and contains positively affecting
problem of seborrheic crusts of calendula extract and salicylic
acid. Does not contain dyes and
Suitable for children with very dry and sensitive
skin Age category: 0+.
Salicylic acid, panthenol and wheat proteins contribute to
tissue repair and accelerated regeneration. Oils and olives and
additionally moisturize, and licorice and violet extracts soothe and
The cheapest store supply from seborrheic crusts
newborns. Active ingredients: zinc, chamomile extract,
allantoin. Pediatricians oppose use in care
for babies shampoos with SLS, and reviews say that “My
baby does not help solve the problem of dandruff.
LIBREDERM produces 2 anti-dandruff products: for dry
skin – with zinc, for oily – with tar. Both options are not
contain synthetic oils, perfumery
compositions and dyes, so even though the tool and not
designed for children age category – it can be safely
use without fear of allergic reactions.
Important! Before using drugs
consult with a pediatrician, and better with a dermatologist. High
active ingredient concentrations can harm your baby if you
incorrectly identified the type of problem.
Pharmacy shampoos for children
Active ingredient – ketoconazole, eliminating
fungal infections. This reduces the unpleasant itching of the skin and
the appearance of white flakes. Does not dry the skin. May be
used in the care of babies since birth.
Designed for children over 2 years old and adults.
Contains as part of SLS. Active ingredients – birch tar and
glycerol. Tar kills fungal infections, and glycerol deeply
moisturizes and restores. Can dry a little
The funds of the firm Sulsen have become a real legend and can
used to prevent dry skin. Shampoo
This company allows you to increase the intervals between washing
hair due to the property to reduce the release of fat.
Contains selenium disulfide, which suppresses pathogens. Often
used for seborrheic dermatitis and other skin diseases
on the recommendation of a doctor.
Designed for children over 1 year.
Active ingredient – ketoconazole (similarly
Nizoral 2%), but Sebozol is for oily skin,
therefore regulates sebum secretion.
The active ingredients — zinc, thyme and castor oil — are removed
inflammation and itching, moisturize the hair and epidermis. Contains
Sodium Laureth Sulfate is therefore not recommended.
for the little ones.
It is not a child product, it is often prescribed
pediatricians for the treatment of seborrheic crusts and dermatitis. Not
contains perfume compositions and dyes. Active substance –
How to choose anti-dandruff shampoo?
Shampoo should be chosen based on:
- Child’s age: contraindicated in infants
products containing Sodium Laureth Sulfate, fragrances and
- Skin Type: | For dry, more suitable with
glycerin and oils, for fat – with tar and zinc;
- Type of seborrhea: if dandruff is caused by
dry skin and a peeling appearance, you need moisturizing
means, if it is the result of a fungal infection – pharmacy
a drug with a high concentration of the active ingredient (ketoconazole,
How to use medical dandruff shampoo
- Before using the tool, a test is required
allergic reaction: if applied to the elbow bend
a drop did not cause irritation and redness – you can
- Pharmaceutical dandruff shampoo should not be used more often.
3 times a week, otherwise wash your hair
- The term of treatment with active ingredients shampoo is not
more than 3-4 months, then a break is required or
transition to a softer tool.
- When washing the head, it is worth rubbing the product only into the tips in order to
avoid overdrying hair. On the roots need to withstand
foam for 3-4 minutes for more effective exposure
- Do not allow product to enter eyes and ears.
- Before using the tool, a test is required
Where to buy and how much it costs
Dandruff products for children can be found in supermarkets,
cosmetic stores and pharmacies.
Some shampoos can only be found in
online stores or pharmacies under the order. In the table
The approximate prices for the most popular products are shown.
|Manufacturing firm||Volume ml||Price, rub|
Masks, pastes and other anti-dandruff products for children
In addition to shampoos, such anti-dandruff products are available:
- hydrolates (herbal aromatic water).
These products are rubbed into the scalp after shampooing,
after which the hair is washed with plenty of warm water.
Important! The most optimal additional tool
for the treatment of seborrhea – Sulsen paste. At low
It has a lot of positive feedback. Most
effectively it works in combination with shampoos of the same company.
Anti-dandruff treatments for children
- Head massage. Can be done with your fingers or
special massagers. Promote improvement
blood circulation in the scalp, the flow of nutrients to the roots
and facilitate the separation of seborrheic crusts.
- Rubbing decoctions of herbs and hydrolat with
the subsequent keeping under polyethylene and a warm cap
for several hours.
- Masks from natural ingredients, for example,
kefir, olive oil and yolk. Such nourishing masks
useful for dry seborrhea. Peeling significantly
shortening, itching due to dry skin. Recipes folk
dandruff masks are given in the next section.
Diet and traditional medicine
At the first sign of seborrhea, it’s worth thinking
Does the child’s diet meet the requirements
Diet in the treatment and prevention of dandruff:
- exclusion of fried and fatty foods from
- an increase in the share of cereals and dairy products;
- introduction to meals of fresh vegetables and fruits,
- categorically not recommended sweet when
Traditional medicine offers the following ingredients to combat
- Tar. Pharmaceutical tar applied to the skin
heads with a cotton swab. Impact time – up to 1
hours. | After this, rinse thoroughly.
head with shampoo with warm water. Can be used immediately
tar soap or shampoo.
- Lemon. Lemon juice helps with oily
seborrhea. After washing your hair, rinse the baby’s hair.
composed of 2 glasses of water and juice of half a lemon. Strands
will become brilliant and keep freshness longer.
- Burr oil. Before shampooing
rub burdock oil into the roots and leave for an hour. | You can
buy special burdock oil mixed with tea oil
tree. After this procedure, the child will feel relief and
nice chill on the skin.
- A decoction of daisies. Purchase data from a pharmacy
herbs and cook a strong decoction at the rate of 3 tbsp. dry
herbs for 1 tbsp. water. | Rinse their hair from the roots to
tips after washing. No need to flush.
- Currant. In the summer, you can make a mask
for hair of pulp currant, which, thanks to contained in it
acids helps to reduce oily skin
- Almond, linseed, sesame, cedar oil
it is used for massage or as a mask for dry seborrhea.
Important! Any means of traditional medicine is worth
apply with caution. The maximum duration of treatment at a frequency of 2
Masks per week – no more than 4 weeks. Do not try
eliminate dandruff only by folk methods: special
shampoo is still one of the main elements in the treatment.
The problem of dandruff in children is not uncommon. If a
timely start treatment with the help of drugs or methods
traditional medicine as well as diet and stick
healthy lifestyle can significantly reduce the amount of
white crusts on the scalp and eventually get rid of