Toenail fungus is a disease that affects and
men, and women, and it occurs in people of all ages.
In medicine, nail fungus caused by infection with pathogenic
organisms called onychomycosis. Fungal disease is considered
very common infection that is easy to catch, but
which is very difficult to treat. Moreover, onychomycosis is not a disease.
only unpleasant, but also dangerous.
Without proper therapy, the infection progresses, infects the entire
foot, leading to cracks and sores on the legs, as well as deformation and
crumble nails. In this case, a patient with a fungal disease infects
infection of all others. In order not to bring the disease to complications
and stop its spread, you need to start treatment at the first
same signs of infection. In itself, this disease does not go away, with
they need to fight very carefully, strictly adhering
recommendations of experts.
- Causes and symptoms of fungal disease
- The better to treat the fungus?
- Baths with baking soda
- Recipes against fungus with vinegar
- 15 Tips for Treating Foot Fungus
Causes and symptoms of fungal disease
Places of increased risk of onychomycosis infection are
common use most likely to hit pathogens
microorganisms on the skin of the feet. You can pick up the fungus in the gym, in
bath or sauna, on the beach, on a visit, putting on slippers of the owners, on
yoga and other public places. Favorable background
for the development of fungal infections in the legs are the following
- diaper rash;
- flat feet;
- wet environment;
- foot sweating;
- tight shoes;
- lack of personal hygiene.
Dermatologists among the most frequent causes of fungus are called
weakened immunity, diabetes, shoes that cause sweating
legs, wearing synthetic socks, and abnormal pH levels
skin on the feet.
Fungal infection, penetrating inside, disfigures the nail
plate, draining the skin and changing the color of the nails. In this way,
The symptoms of the fungus are:
- compaction, or vice versa, the thinning of the nail plate;
- color change from dull yellow to green-black;
- the appearance of white stripes or yellow spots on the surface
- deformation, flaking and crumbling of the nail plate;
- unpleasant smell, swelling, inflammation and pain
in the nails.
To identify a disease or make a diagnosis of onychomycosis,
dermatologist makes the culture on a nutrient medium, taking nail flakes
and tissue from under the nail, when viewed. After getting the result and
confirmation of the diagnosis should immediately begin treatment of the fungus.
The better to treat the fungus?
There are three schemes of treatment of the fungus: systemic, external
therapy, complex scheme. When using the system scheme
the patient for a certain period takes appointed
Specialist, drugs in the form of capsules or tablets. However the data
medications have a large number of side
effects that have a negative effect on the body.
Comprehensive scheme involves treatment as medicinal
preparations and external means: varnishes, creams, baths,
ointments, gels, tinctures, etc.
The therapy has the least side effects.
external means. However, this scheme can be used
only when only part of the nail is affected by the fungus
plates. In the advanced stage, onychomycosis is better treated by
integrated circuit. One of the methods of external therapy are
various baths from the fungus, differing in their cheapness,
simplicity and efficiency.
Important! Experts recommend in the treatment of fungus
carefully monitor the response of the body. If you have pain or
other negative symptoms it is time to stop using
Fungal and healthy nails
Baths with baking soda
It is known that soda perfectly neutralizes acids, leading to normal
acid-base balance. Therefore, trays against fungi with food
Soda is a good method of external therapy for onychomycosis.
Through the baths with soda, you can remove the spores of the fungus, because
We give a few recipes for treating this disease with
- For the preparation of therapeutic bath, you need to pour into a basin 3-4
liters of hot water (50-60 degrees) and dilute it 4-5 tbsp.
soda Then you need to wait for the mixture to cool to 40-45 degrees,
and immerse your feet in a basin for 25-30 minutes, then rinse them in
clean water. Procedures with soda need to be repeated daily for
- In the basin is poured 5 liters of 40-45 degree water, then there
2 tbsp added baking soda and 1 tbsp. liquid soap. All this
mix thoroughly and lower the legs into the pelvis for 20-25 minutes.
After taking the bath with soda, you do not need to wipe your feet, you can
apply external means against fungus. The procedure must be repeated.
once every three days for 2 months.
- In a container pour 4 cups of hot water, half a cup of baking soda,
a quarter cup of white vinegar and Epsom salt. All ingredients
mix thoroughly. Then the areas affected by fungus are 5-7.
minutes are placed in the mix, but not the whole foot! Then legs
dried and a cotton pad is applied to the nail plate,
soaked in a mixture of soda, water, vinegar and hydrogen peroxide in equal
proportions, fixed with a plaster. The procedure is repeated daily in
for 2-3 weeks.
When using a bath of soda need to observe regularity.
procedures to overcome the fungus on the legs.
Recipes against fungus with vinegar
Baths with a good effect against nail fungus have
vinegar. The use of recipes with vinegar blocks the livelihoods
fungal spores and completely kills pathogens.
Therefore, dermatologists advise doing vinegar baths against
onychomycosis and prophylactic purposes:
- Vegetable oil in an amount of 100 ml is diluted with vinegar in
the same proportion, the solution is thoroughly mixed and in it
15-20 minutes are placed feet so that the affected areas
completely immersed in the mix. Then the feet are rinsed and the nails
processed with antifungal cream. 1 session every other day
for 1 month.
- You need to mix warm water with apple cider vinegar in a 3: 1 ratio and
add some potassium permanganate to make a light pink
solution. Feet are placed in a container for 10-15 minutes, then
dried and affected areas are oiled with tea tree oil.
The procedure must be repeated every evening for 7-10 days.
- To prepare a mixture against onychomycosis, you need to mix in
equal proportions of iodine with vinegar, about 1 tsp, then add
500 ml of boiled water and dip into the mixture, the affected nails 15
minutes Then rinse them with running water. Sessions repeat
every evening for 2-3 weeks.
- The juice of one large carrot is mixed with vinegar in proportion
1: 1. This mixture is poured into a basin in which the nails are placed.
The fingertips are held in solution for about 20 minutes. Procedure
repeat daily for 2 months.
Proper preparation and use of the bath with vinegar against
fungus allows you to quickly grow a healthy nail. It is very cheap
and easy way to treat fungal infection in home
15 Tips for Treating Foot Fungus
So that the treatment against onychomycosis is the most effective
Need to follow certain recommendations of dermatologists for fungus
- Mandatory prior consultation with a specialist.
- Compliance with the principle of regularity of procedures.
- It is worth using only disinfected instruments and
- Thorough washing and disinfection of used
- Clean and dry socks should be worn daily.
- Wash your feet at least 2 times a day.
- Infected areas must be protected from damage.
- It is worth avoiding staying at high and low.
- In your daily diet you need to include fresh vegetables and
- Any recipe must be tested and approved by a specialist.
- Treatment must begin with minimal dosages and a small
- It is necessary to observe the correct proportions of mixing.
- You can not exceed the recommended exposure time ointment, cream,
- Before using the bath or before applying the ointment,
it is necessary to remove the layer affected by the fungus, after steaming
- Do not start treatment if there are wounds or cracks on
Thus, if timely and properly treated, then
getting rid of the fungus of the toenails is quite real. Need only
Be patient and not interrupt the course of therapy.