Keratin hair extensions – the procedure for adding to
own hair of other strands for larger volume or length,
a substance that helps hair extensions hold.
With quality performance natural and hair extensions
impossible to distinguish. What are the pros and cons of this procedure, what
take care after and much more you can learn from this
- 1 Indications and contraindications
- 2 Types of extensions
- 3 Pros and cons of the procedure
- 4 Results of the procedure, photo before and after
- 5 Execution process
- 6 Reviews
- 7 Price in the cabin
- 8 How to do at home
- 9 Popular tools
- 10 Care after the procedure
- 11 Analogs and similar procedures
- 12 Frequently asked Questions
History of creation
People have been building their hair for quite some time now – this is
common and traditional practices in Africa that have
a long history (so, archaeologists have found the remains of a woman,
undergone this operation, the age of several thousand years). but
on other continents, the fashion for building up has appeared relatively
recently – in the middle of the last century.
For the first time, keratin technology began to be applied in
Italy, then it spread throughout Europe, now around
the world. Now countless girls apply keratin
to improve your hair.
Indications and contraindications
The content of the article:
- Indications and contraindications
- Types of extensions
- Pros and cons of the procedure
- Results of the procedure, photo before and after
- Execution process
- Price in the cabin
- How to do at home
- Popular tools
- Care after the procedure
- Analogs and similar procedures
- Frequently asked Questions
This procedure is recommended in the following situations:
- When you need to increase the length of the hair;
- When you need to increase the volume;
- When changes are needed in the image, creating a new one;
- When it is necessary to hide the imperfections of the hair (bald patches, bald spots,
However, as in any case, it was not without contraindications.
You should refuse to build or think well, if you
fall under the following contraindications:
- Age under 18 years or over 35;
- The hair was often colored or discolored;
- Skin diseases, scratches;
- Scalp sensitivity;
- Antibiotics, chemotherapy
or a course of hormonal drugs;
- Too brittle and thin hair;
- The recent acclimatization, the upcoming climate change.
Important! There are also restrictions on the length of its own
and hair extensions. Own should not be shorter than 6 cm, and accrued –
50-70, so that your hair can withstand the load.
Types of extensions
For several years of using keratin hair extensions
modified, acquired new forms and technology implementation. On
currently the most popular of them are three: Italian
method, English and microlining.
- Italian, he’s capsular, is considered
the safest and most reliable. His secret is that they are used
strands pre-coated with keratin and when the master is using
Thermal tongs attaches them to the head, then they form a peculiar
capsule with natural hair. The result is
long, thick hair, and with the naked eye understand that they are
accrued, impossible. In addition, new strands are quite strong and
long hold, easy carry water and painting. However should
know that the procedure performed in the Italian way requires
a lot of time (about four hours) and may cause some
inconvenience: during sleep, correction, and maybe
Important! When correction is used means
which may be harmful to your own hair.
- English method involves a special
the gun that the master uses to melt
keratin capsules and staple strands. Very safe for relatives
hair, runs faster than Italian, you can choose the value
keratin capsules and generally do everything as close as possible to
to the wishes of the client, but requires high accuracy in the execution
and has several disadvantages: after the procedure can not be used
balms and masks, less holds, it is undesirable to use
- Micro-raising – building up thin strands and
using transparent microcapsules that are not visible and which
very light. Absolutely safe and harmless, however
refuse baths and saunas and strands can gradually
Pros and cons of the procedure
Like any cosmetic procedure, keratin capacity
hair has its pros and cons.
The positive effects can certainly be
- The result itself – the hair becomes longer and thicker;
- It is possible to choose the color, shape of hair, their
- Extended hair can be dyed and curled;
- The fact that hair is extended is almost invisible to
- The need for care and timely correction;
- Discomfort is possible at first and during sleep;
- With a hairdryer, you need to be careful, use only cool
Results of the procedure, photo before and after
After completing the build-up, keratin melts and binds your
strands with donor will keep them together for
several months, hair will look thicker and longer, and
distinguish them from the “real” will not work. But in many ways the results
will depend on the type of capacity you have chosen | and on the quality
Of course, the build type changes the execution process and affects
for the final result, but the average procedure itself looks like this:
- Hair thoroughly washed and dried.
- Divided into strands, determined where will be fastened
- Put a strand with a keratin capsule, warm up and
melt, distributing keratin throughout the length of the hair.
- Straighten and straighten the resulting curls.
- Formed final hairstyle.
Special thermal tongs or pistols are used in this,
depending on the type of capacity. Main means
is, in fact, keratin, which, although synthetic
substance, but the composition is similar to natural protein, from which
made our hair with you. Runtime ranges from three to
A few reviews from popular resources | http: //irecommend.ru
and | http: //otzovik.com
Price in the cabin
The cost is based on the number and price of strands for
building, as well as the work of the wizard.
The strand itself usually costs 40-80 rubles, sometimes even 100,
need 70-180 pieces, despite the desired result.
It is better, of course, to prepare for big expenses, because in such
it’s hard to save a lot – it will affect quality
How to do at home
If you decide to increase hair at home, you should
be careful about each step of the procedure.
First of all, of course, you should start with the acquisition
necessary tools, keratin capsules, strands themselves, which
need to carefully select, based on the tone of the hair, quality and
Attention! All tools and strands better buy in
specialty stores to avoid substandard goods
and the best way to realize your desires.
From the tools you will need: thermal tongs, special
hairbrushes for dividing hair into sections, clips, hairpins,
hairdresser scissors and special protective circles.
- Well wash your hair without conditioners and oils, balms.
(shampoo can be used). It is important that the curls were maximally
peeled. Dry them.
- Carefully comb your hair, divide into zones, separating
marginal growth line, parietal zone and bangs.
- Fix a lock of your hair no more than half a centimeter thick
- Attach to your curl donor strand and heat the keratin
- Fix the capsule a centimeter from the roots,
do this build up to the green line.
- The next parting needs to be done one and a half centimeters higher.
Do this up to the top of your head. Grow this way
- Straighten hair ironing.
- Perform an adaptation haircut.
Used donor hair is divided into several groups.
- Asian – the most inexpensive, often confused,
difficult to comb;
- European – correctly collected,
processed, but over time still lose their quality;
- South Russians – treated and washed, more
persistent; Slavic – the most expensive and highest quality,
keep well, do not push.
Help: in fact, the names of the groups are not given
because of the origin of their carriers, and for the processing technique.
Keratin itself must also be chosen correctly. The most
Italian brands are popular, but there is a chance
stumble upon a fake, so be careful when choosing.
Care after the procedure
Once you got a new head of hair, you need to
take care, so it will keep worthy longer
view. Observe a set of rules:
- If you are allowed to install, then make sure that the iron or
The curler was not in contact with the capsules.
- Shampoo needs to be diluted with water or buy special, he
should be with a neutral level of acidity. Rinse roots
Attention! When washing hair can not be tilted
- Brush your hair soft with a brush several times a day.
better than wood.
- Do not go to bed with wet hair.
- Do not comb wet and heavy hair.
- If they are long – it is better to collect them for the night in not tight
In general, care is simple, but forgetting these rules can be
Analogs and similar procedures
Hair extension with keratin is also called
hot because keratin capsules need to be melted for
perform the operation. In addition to hot, there is
cold hair extensions, characterized by the use of adhesive
capsules, microcollege or adhesive tape. Have a cold build
there are also many species (French, Spanish, Japanese, tape
others). He also has disadvantages compared to keratin,
- Many species are not suitable for weak and thin hair, and
- Hair attachment points can be felt to the touch.
The advantages include harmlessness, greater tolerance for
cosmetic products, the absence of allergic reactions and long
Frequently asked Questions
Expert Opinion Anastasia answers the hairdresser-makeup artist Ask
How safe is keratin hair extension for
Keratin is similar in composition to human hair and is even applied.
for hair restoration, so it doesn’t harm them. Currently
scaling technologies allow you to guarantee your safety
hair during the procedure: the heating temperature
Thermal tongs is the same as the iron for straightening, you can not
be wary of “burning” hair.
When can I wash and dye my hair after
Keratin must be absorbed and strengthened, so wash or
You can dye your hair after 1.5-2 days.
How to choose the length and number of strands for
It is better not to lengthen the hair more than twice. Important to remember,
the longer the extended strands, the harder it is to care for them.
The number of strands depends on the thickness and length of your own.
hair, and your goals. The shorter and thicker your hair, the more
strands you will need.
Can accrued strands fall out?
With a quality procedure and thorough care
will not fall out.
How to care for hair after removal
Special care is not required, you just need to wash using
balsams and masks, possibly vitamins.
How long do hair extensions hold?
In this regard, everything is individual, but in general, without correction
it is undesirable to spend more than 3-4 months, and even with correction
hair extensions are best not to wear for over a year – a couple of months
natural hair needs to relax. So what can you do
building up about once a year and a half.
How compatible keratin hair extensions and
During pregnancy, the hormonal balance in the body changes,
hair can become thin and fragile, so before such
procedure need to think carefully. Of course, if your curls are in
pregnancy time lost in strength then conduct build-up
not worth it. Also in case of irritation of the scalp donor
strands should be removed.
How often do you need to make a correction?
The frequency of correction is 2-3 months, with new strands
you do not need, used old. Or instead of correction you
you can remove donor strands, in any case, wear accrued
hair without correction for more than four months is undesirable.