Slender legs and neat knees at all times were one of
obvious signs of femininity and beauty. However, the most formidable
the enemy of beautiful and healthy legs is overweight. Fat in
knees, both at the hips and abdomen, are considered strategic
body stock. These zones are the so-called “fatty
traps “where genetically provided to accumulate fat
Few people imagine that fat traps in the knee area
joints is a serious problem that is difficult to apply
correction. In addition, fat knees with fat areas look
massively and heavily, gait and may even bend the legs.
Eliminate this defect, make your knees slim and graceful
liposuction will help.
- Fat deposition in the knee
- Liposuction of the knees
- Benefits of knee correction
- Indications and contraindications for the procedure
- Types of knees liposuction
- Preparation for surgery
- How to carry out liposuction of the knees
- Rehabilitation period
- Possible complications
Fat deposition in the knee
The deposition of fat in the body occurs in an unpredictable way.
This is especially true of the knee area, since
the condition of the knees is not always proportional to the weight of the person. Fatty
traps in the knee area are seen even in individuals with asthenic
body build, and with a significant increase in body weight, knees
not always overgrown with fat.
Fat deposits from the back of the knees can visually
distort the contours of the legs, make them crooked and deformed. The false
the sensation of curvature creates precisely the thickened form of the knees with fat
traps on the back side, especially if there are
weak undeveloped calves. This problem is even encountered
representatives of the stronger sex.
Strict diet and exercise, massage and wrapping
does not contribute to the removal of fat from this anatomical zone.
The body is very reluctant to get rid of its strategic
stocks. Similarly, ankles are very difficult to correct,
since they do not get enough exercise, neither
household life, or during physical training. Therefore not rare
you can see the picture: young and slim people with fat traps
in the area of the knee joint that look unaesthetic and strong
spoil the shape of the legs.
Liposuction of the knees
Liposuction in the knee area is a surgical procedure.
elimination of fat deposits in the area of the knee joint. This
the procedure is considered effective, less traumatic and
sufficiently simple to perform because the amount of
fat is usually a small volume. However, with all the simplicity
surgical intervention, the surgeon must have an appropriate
level of training, since in the popliteal zone
fossae resemble vital vessels and nerve fibers.
The procedure is carried out using high-tech
medical equipment in aesthetic clinics, without
serious complications and a long recovery period.
The main part of adipose tissue in the knee joint
is on the back and in a small amount
located in front, above the patella. Usually liposuction
knees are performed simultaneously with liposuction of the thighs, since both zones
poorly amenable to correction by non-surgical methods.
In the area of the knees there is no significant accumulation of fat
tissue, but even a small amount of it can worsen the appearance
It should be remembered that liposuction of the knees, like any
anatomical zone, is effective only when the patient is not
Benefits of knee correction
This procedure has several advantages:
- simplicity of the method;
- the absence of serious postoperative complications;
- short recovery period;
- no visible marks and scars on the skin;
- use of local anesthesia;
- permanent effect, with a reasonable lifestyle, fatty
deposits are never restored;
- probability of eliminating the visual curvature of the legs, which
arose due to fat traps;
- your knees gain a fit, and your legs and body
- the possibility of combining liposuction with other aesthetic
- realization of a person’s desires, improvement of his psycho –
Indications and contraindications for the procedure
Liposuction is carried out in the presence of local fat deposits in
area of the knee joint.
Do not perform the procedure under the following conditions:
- acute and chronic diseases in the acute stage;
- infectious diseases;
- autoimmune and oncological diseases;
- cardiovascular diseases;
- pregnancy and lactation;
- liver and kidney disease;
- blood clotting diseases;
- arterial hypertension;
- varicose veins in the acute stage;
- chronic venous insufficiency;
- age restrictions (up to 22 years);
- skin diseases in the knee area.
Types of knees liposuction
The correction of the knee joint is carried out as follows.
Vacuum correction method is also called
classic or tumescent. In the area of body fat
pre-injected lipolytic fluid, which
softens fat. Then a special tube cannula commit
fan-shaped movements to the right and left, destroying fat cells.
The softened fat is converted to an emulsion, which is aspirated
Ultrasound method involves destruction
adipose tissue using sound waves. On the body do several
point punctures through which thin probes are inserted, conducting
high frequency current. Under the influence of sound waves, adipose tissue
destroyed, converted to emulsion and excreted
using a vacuum aspirator. Ultrasonic waves are beneficial
affect the tissues, thanks to their effects can be stimulated
metabolism that tightens the skin and improves its appearance.
The laser method involves the destruction of fat
tissue using laser energy. On the body of the patient do several
punctures, where they introduce the electrode, conducting laser beams. Under
laser damage occurs adipose tissue, and the product
disintegration in the form of emulsified fat aspirated by vacuum
or excreted by lymphatic or
circulatory system. This method has undeniable
- additional heating of tissues activates fibroblasts and
stimulates the synthesis of collagen and elastin, resulting in
skin tightening occurs.
- during the procedure, the damaged vessels immediately
Cryolipolysis is not often used for removal.
local fat, but in this case it effectively corrects
knee area. The essence of the procedure is
using a special device that is in contact with skin
creates an artificial cryoeffect (subcooling of tissues), in
resulting in the destruction of adipose tissue. Product
decay is excreted naturally through
Any of the above liposuction methods (except cryolipolysis)
implies slight damage to the skin,
use cannula and vacuum aspirator.
Preparation for surgery
The preparatory period consists of several stages:
- Visit the surgeon for advice. During the consultation, the surgeon
assesses the condition of the skin, its elastic properties, elasticity and
contractility. In this case, the success of liposuction depends on
the ability of the skin to shrink. After all, it should well “sit down” on
smaller volume. A comprehensive examination of the patient is capable of
predict how successful the final result will be.
- Visiting an anesthesiologist to identify an individual
intolerance to substances included in anesthesia. Anesthetist
provides for the choice of anesthesia, depends on its decision, will pass
operation under local or general anesthesia.
- A visit to a therapist to identify contraindications to
carrying out the procedure. The presence of contraindications turns out
as a therapist, he also assigns a series of clinical tests:
- general blood analysis;
- general urine analysis;
- blood chemistry;
- HIV test;
- a blood test for hepatitis B and C;
- blood coagulation test (coagulogram)
Two weeks before the surgery, you must stop taking all
medicines, especially contraceptives and hormonal
drugs, as well as stop taking alcohol and nicotine.
Eight hours before the operation can not eat and drink.
How to carry out liposuction of the knees
Regardless of the method chosen, knees liposuction
be carried out according to one general scheme:
- Marked areas in need of correction. Usually markup
carries surgeon marker.
- Then the skin is treated with antiseptic.
- Anesthetic is administered to the patient. Depending on the decision of the doctor, he
will be local or general.
- When using the tumescent method, in the thick fat
sediment injected Klein fluid to liquefy adipose tissue.
- Some small punctures are made on the patient’s body or
incisions on each side of the knee. Usually the length of these cuts is not
exceeds 4mm. Cuts are carried out in the natural folds of the body for
to make them less noticeable.
- Then through the incisions injected tube cannula, with which
the surgeon makes fan-shaped movements.
- The softened adipose tissue is easily destroyed and
aspirated with a vacuum device.
- Seams are applied to the cuts and drainage is installed to exit
secret secreted from the wound.
- Immediately after surgery, the patient is put on compression
leggings that contribute to the quick recovery of soft
The duration of the operation is from 1-2 hours.
After the procedure, the patient can leave the clinic immediately, or
stay in the hospital under the supervision of a surgeon. This decision
takes the attending physician. The first days after surgery is necessary
comply with bed rest. Getting out of bed is allowed on
the third day and gradually begin the motor activity. also in
this period the patient may experience discomfort, pain, swelling and
increase in temperature indicators that stop
antipyretic and analgesic agents. For several
days all the unpleasant symptoms pass. For elimination
puffiness will take two weeks. It takes a lot
move and drink plenty of fluids. Compression underwear can not
take off without the permission of the doctor.
The stitches are removed after a week, and the result can be evaluated later.
6 months after the soft tissue is fully restored. AT
During the month, you must follow some rules and
- wear compression leggings for 3-4 weeks;
- carefully implement personal hygiene;
- strictly follow the recommendations of the doctor;
- do not take hot baths, only a warm shower;
- do not visit the baths and saunas;
- Do not use swimming pools and solariums;
- do not sunbathe, avoid direct sunlight;
- do not lift weights;
- avoid intense physical exertion.
After liposuction, fat deposits disappear forever, with
provided the patient will monitor body weight. For this
will have to rethink your lifestyle and abide by
proper nutrition. With an increase in body weight, the proportions of the legs can
It should be taken into account that liposuction is best done in
cold season. In this case, you can keep your legs closed and
Do not experience discomfort from wearing compression underwear. Besides
there is no irritation or other unpleasant on the skin of the legs.
Although the knees liposuction is considered light and
simple procedure, it is still surgical
intervention that could trigger development
The most common complications after liposuction of the knees:
- Hematomas and seroma. Complication develops as a result
damage to blood and lymphatic vessels.
- Violation of skin sensitivity. It arises from
peripheral nerve damage.
- Infection of cuts and punctures. This complication is
a direct consequence of non-compliance with the rules of asepsis and antisepsis.
- Necrosis of the skin. Developed as a result of not cured until the end
hematomas or seromas, as well as with improper stitching edges
- Roughness of the skin. Develops, as a rule, as a result
uneven removal of adipose tissue.
- Hyperpigmentation of the skin. The skin in the incision area tends to
- Fat embolism is a very formidable complication that
develops as a result of elements entering the bloodstream