Since ancient times, women dreamed of prolonging youth and beauty,
pushing as far as possible old age. Nowadays this dream
more and more becomes reality. The development of science and medicine allows
prevent the aging process and bring back the desired
youth. In the arsenal of modern cosmetology there
effective and safe method that easily eliminates
age defects of the skin.
- What is photorejuvenation?
- How is the procedure of photo rejuvenation?
- What can be improved with photorejuvenation?
- What can not be corrected with photorejuvenation?
- Benefits of photorejuvenation
- Indications for the procedure
- Contraindications to the procedure
- What procedures can combine photorejuvenation?
- Postprocedure skin care
- 1 What is photorejuvenation?
- 2 How is the procedure of photo rejuvenation?
- 3 What can be improved with photorejuvenation?
- 4 What can not be corrected with photorejuvenation?
- 5 Benefits of photorejuvenation
- 6 Indications for the procedure
- 7 Contraindications to the procedure
- 8 What procedures can combine photorejuvenation?
- 9 Postprocedure skin care
What is photorejuvenation?
Photorejuvenation is a hardware method that
based on the irradiation of the skin with light beams of a certain
intensity. Special cosmetology apparatus creates
light beam of a certain frequency, which is processed
specific skin area. To achieve an effect
The specialist determines the length of the wave radiation.
It should be noted that some people misinterpret the term.
“photo rejuvenation”. He has nothing to do with photography,
nor to photoshop. What is this procedure? Everybody
long exposure to the sun is known to lead to photo-aging, and
the question is quite appropriate here: how can a photorejuvenation
return youth? After all, photo-aging and photo-rejuvenation are
mutually exclusive concepts. In order to understand this
The question is to know what the sunlight is. So sunny
light consists of:
- infrared rays;
- ultraviolet rays;
- radiation of the visible spectrum;
- gamma rays (which do not reach the Earth’s surface and
absorbed by the ozone layer).
The most dangerous and destructive are ultraviolet rays,
which consist of type A and type B ultraviolet. They are
cause premature aging of the skin, damage DNA, cause
cell mutation, thereby increasing the risk of skin cancer.
When photo rejuvenation is used broadband intensive
pulsed light (IPL), which is devoid of harmful UV spectrum. Other
in words it can be said that broadband intense pulsed
Light (IPL) – creative and healing light. IPL light is a
a stream of quanta or photons (particles that make up the solar
light), which is distributed in separate beams. Method
photo rejuvenation is based on the fact that broadband
high-intensity pulsed light can be selectively affected
on substances that are part of human tissue. These
substances are called chromophores. They are able to absorb light
warming the fabric to the required temperature.
Substances like hemoglobin and melanin that dominate
tissue chromophores are able to absorb light of a certain length.
Modifying the light length in the specified area
spectrum, you can influence the nature of light absorption by tissues
organism. In addition, the useful light penetrating the skin does not damage
its surface layers.
Do not confuse IPL light therapy with laser exposure. it
two different techniques. The basic difference between IPL light therapy and laser
The therapy consists of:
- in the ability to adjust the depth of diffusion of light in a wide
- skillfully modify the flash energy, the number of pulses,
the duration and intervals of each pulse;
- rationalize and control the healing process in
depending on the task and individual characteristics
Broadband intense pulsed light underlies more
one cosmetic procedure – photo epilation. Young follicles in
which do not have melanin, absorb light and break down under
action of intense pulsed light.
How is the procedure of photo rejuvenation?
The procedure is performed by an experienced specialist in an aesthetic clinic or
The procedure begins with a cleansing of the skin. Then to the plot that
to be treated, apply a special gel that protects the skin from
overheating. The patient is wearing glasses to protect his eyes from
light flashes. Special filters of the device conduct light
to the tip, which is treated every centimeter of skin. Important
make sure that the light beam does not hit the hair or eyebrows,
as they will instantly be discolored. This method is
completely painless, it does not cause discomfort and other
discomfort, except warmth and tingling. Skin not
subjected to trauma and not broken its integrity. Lung
slight redness does not spoil the appearance, does not interfere
employment and does not interfere with the usual way
Immediately after the phototherapy session, you can use
makeup products. The duration of the session depends on the state.
skin and from tasks that need to be addressed. The average session lasts
at least 15-25 minutes, maximum 45 minutes After completing the procedure on
skin is applied cooling and soothing cream.
As a rule, the result is noticeable immediately after the first session, but
to enhance the effect you need to take a full course
photorejuvenation, which is 5-8 sessions, with an interval of two
of the week.
What can be improved with photorejuvenation?
After a course of photo rejuvenation, the following improvements occur:
- melanin is destroyed, which is contained in the pigment
- fibroblasts are activated, which contribute to
collagen, elastin and hyaluronic acid synthesis;
- there is a replacement of old amorphous collagen and elastin,
new healthy fibers;
- turgor, elasticity and complexion improves;
- narrowing of large capillaries and disappearance occurs
- acne and acne is eliminated.
So, the procedure of photorejuvenation effectively eliminates
the above skin defects. However, this procedure may give more
the best effect in combination with other cosmetic procedures.
What can not be corrected with photorejuvenation?
Above, we told you that you can improve with phototherapy, but
How universal is this method? What cannot be improved with
So, photorejuvenation can not:
- carry out lifting of soft tissues;
- to cope with the gravitational ptosis of the face;
- return lost volumes;
- eliminate deep nasolabial folds;
- eliminate nasolacrimal sulcus and flea.
During the procedure, photo rejuvenation is not processed
paraorbital region, as it is possible to provoke a burn
retina. Therefore, before the procedure, customers wear safety glasses.
If you want to improve the condition of the skin in these areas, you should
resort to other cosmetic procedures.
Benefits of photorejuvenation
This procedure has several significant advantages:
- painlessness of the method;
- non-invasive intervention without compromising the integrity of the skin
- no side effects and complications;
- no rehabilitation period, patients immediately return
to the usual rhythm of life;
- prolonged effect, the method has a cumulative
- simultaneous elimination of various skin defects.
Indications for the procedure
Phototherapy is recommended for the following skin defects:
- first signs of aging skin wilting;
- presence of age spots;
- earthy, dull complexion;
- proliferation of vascular networks;
- dryness and dehydration of the face;
- acne skin disease;
- mimic wrinkles;
- oily skin and enlarged pores.
Contraindications to the procedure
Facial rejuvenation procedure has a number of serious
- autoimmune and oncological diseases;
- acute and infectious diseases in the acute stage;
- diseases of the blood,
- pregnancy and lactation;
- the presence of a pacemaker in the body;
- the presence of metal prostheses;
- hyperthyroidism and hypothyroidism;
- eye diseases: glaucoma and cataracts.
What procedures can combine photorejuvenation?
Photorejuvenation is effectively combined with the following
- contour plastics;
- botox injections;
- chemical peeling;
- plastic surgery.
It is advisable to carry out contour plastics on the basis of fillers.
1-2 months after the photo rejuvenation procedure. However, not always
patients want so long waiting. Some customers
they prefer everything at once, but the task of the cosmetologist is
to correctly explain what threatens the procedure of photorejuvenation,
if carried out immediately after contouring. If to conduct
these two procedures are consistent, then fast
biodegradation of fillers based on hyaluronic acid, elastin or
collagen under the influence of light energy flashes. In cases
when the contour plastic was performed with a break of one or more
months, the light exposure will not affect the duration
Simultaneous Botox and photorejuvenation procedures on
one anatomical site is unacceptable. First you need to hold
photorejuvenation procedure, and only then you can hold a course
botox therapy. In this case, the question also arises
biodegradation of botox due to exposure to light energy
outbreaks. In addition, under the influence of light pulses
the inevitable migration of Botox from the area that
underwent treatment. The combination of the two procedures will give a positive
the result is only when Botox injections are administered after
course of phototherapy.
During the chemical peeling and rejuvenation procedures,
It is necessary to take into account the depth of the peeling. Peeling
It is recommended to carry out a photo rejuvenation course for
effectiveness of its action. Simultaneous peeling and
phototherapy is strictly prohibited. It is also the case with the lungs and
middle peels, they are carried out only after a course of phototherapy and
full recovery of the skin.
Photo rejuvenation procedure eliminates a number of serious cosmetic
defects, but not all. In this case we are talking about
elimination of such a defect as gravitational ptosis of soft tissues.
Therefore, wanting to choose between photo rejuvenation or plastic
surgery, you should know that each procedure has its own goals
and solves its problems. In other words, plastic surgery
eliminates skin imperfections that it cannot cope with
photo rejuvenation method. With a reasonable combination of plastics and phototherapy
You can get great, and most importantly, lasting results.
It is advisable to first conduct a basic course of photorejuvenation, which
consists of three procedures, followed by plastic surgery,
and then after a certain time repeat the course
photo rejuvenation to fix the result.
Postprocedure skin care
Photorejuvenation procedure has almost no side effects.
and complications. Also after the phototherapy session there is no need for
rehabilitation period. However, in order for the effect of the procedures
preserved for a long time, you should follow a few uncomplicated
- after phototherapy sessions, reddening of the skin appears;
The reason should be to avoid a variety of thermal effects on
- should be used regularly (even in cloudy weather)
sunscreen with a high protection factor;
- you can not go to the sauna, bath, take hot baths, after
skin phototherapy has already been exposed to high temperatures
extra heat will only bring harm;
- you can not swim in the pool with chlorinated water;
- You can not engage in active physical activity, which
accompanied by active perspiration;
- it is not recommended to use decorative cosmetics;
- you can not sunbathe in the solarium, and on the beach;
- do not use means for tanning;
- do not rip off the crusts that appeared on the treated
- Do not use exfoliating agents two weeks before.
procedures and during the rehabilitation period.