Although it is generally accepted that highlighting looks best on
blond hair, blondes can also be recommended
hair dyeing with separate strands. To hairstyle
always looked neat and spectacular, can not do without the basal
- 1 Features and essence of technology
- 2 Pros and cons of the method
- 3 How to paint
- 4 What paint is used
- 5 Is it possible to do during pregnancy, the opinion of doctors
- 6 Radical highlighting for short blonde hair
- 7 Radical highlighting on medium hair for blondes
- 8 Radical highlighting on long blond hair
- 9 Do I need to wash my hair before highlighting
- 10 How much is done in the beauty salon
- 11 How much is highlighting
- 12 Salon prices
- 13 Hair care after the procedure
- 14 Is it possible to make highlighting at home?
Features and essence of technology
The content of the article:
- Features and essence of technology
- Pros and cons of the method
- How to paint
- What paint is used
- Is it possible to do during pregnancy, the opinion of doctors
- Radical highlighting for short blonde hair
- Radical highlighting on medium hair for blondes
- Radical highlighting on long blond hair
- Do I need to wash my hair before highlighting
- How much is done in the beauty salon
- How much is highlighting
- Salon prices
- Hair care after the procedure
- Is it possible to make highlighting at home?
In the process of root highlighting the paint is processed
only that zone of hair that has grown over time. To
the border between the “native” and the new color was less noticeable,
in the process of dyeing the same technique is used as for
highlighting the entire hairstyle.
Features of basal highlighting:
- the procedure takes less time than usual
- strands along the main length remain intact;
- for blurring the border can be used toning
- frequency of selection and width of strands.
Where do you want to highlight? In the salonHome
Pros and cons of the method
Advantages of basal highlighting:
- hairstyle gets well-groomed and updated appearance;
- the geometry of the pattern is preserved over the entire volume of the hair;
- the main length of the curls is not burned through;
- a large amount of consumable material is not required;
- performed faster than full staining.
Despite the obvious advantages, the method has its own
- sophisticated technique – to keep
the frequency and width of the strands, you need to have a good eye gauge and
a certain skill;
- difficulties in the selection of the dye – the boundary between
staining only then will be invisible when picked up
the correct tone of the dye;
- chemical exposure – any staining,
even the most gentle, harms the hair.
How to paint
Before applying the dye, zoning is carried out
hair. The hairy part of the head is divided into three equivalent
zones (right, left and middle), each of them is fixed with a clip.
You need to decide in advance on the width and frequency of the selection of strands,
focusing on the bulk of the hair.
It is most convenient to separate and process curls.
brush with a long handle. If used for highlighting
the foil, the painting mixture is applied with a distance of 0.5 cm from the skin. If
the solution turned out to be more liquid, should retreat 1 cm, otherwise
the paint will spread, and on the hair instead of a neat strand it will turn out
It is recommended to begin basal highlighting with
neck, gradually separating the strands and pinning up the painted parts under
clamp At the last turn, whiskey is processed in the direction
What paint is used
Since blonde hair has almost no pigment,
apply potent brightening powder for basal
There is no need for highlighting. A special blond who fits
it will be necessary to mix with an oxidizing agent of 6% concentration.
It contains a small amount of peroxide in order to make
The original shade is slightly lighter.
For blondes fit and benign bezammiachnye
paints. They are not capable of cardinal clarification, but also
Do not harm hair.
Important! Radical highlighting blondes can
to carry out not only light, but also dark dyes. Blackout
the roots will create a fashionable ombre now.
Is it possible to do during pregnancy, the opinion of doctors
The danger of any staining during pregnancy is due to
chemical fumes that a woman inhales during the procedure.
Ammonia-based dyes are especially dangerous – its vapors do not penetrate
only in the respiratory tract, but also through the thickness of the skin, provoking
allergies and bronchial asthma. Resorcinol and nonoxynol,
contained in paints, have carcinogenic properties and
cause hormonal disruptions.
Therefore, doctors recommend pregnant women
refrain from staining. In exceptional cases
organic based paints are allowed, 95%
consisting of herbal ingredients.
Radical highlighting for short blonde hair
The length of short hair does not allow to fully realize
modern techniques that involve smooth transitions from
one shade to another. Therefore, the best solution for
short-haired blondes will become a classic basal
Radical highlighting on medium hair for blondes
Highlights on medium hair allows hair look
more lush and voluminous. Highlighted basal strands
Look good on hairstyles bob and bob. On medium hair will
look good California smooth transition
shades from dark to light. Colors will suit any – from very
light ash platinum to golden red.
Radical highlighting on long blond hair
Long hair allows you to implement a variety of techniques, in
which highlights the basal zone. Fit as
ammonia-free dyes for mazhimesh technique, as well as contrasting
dark tones to create an ombre effect.
Do I need to wash my hair before highlighting
Any staining involves the application of pigment composition on
unwashed hair It is recommended not to wash before the procedure.
head at least a day, and preferably three days. it
allows you to keep a thin fat layer on the scalp
and curls that will protect against chemical compounds.
How much is done in the beauty salon
Depending on the length, thickness of the hair and their susceptibility to
paint conducting highlighting can take from 1.5 to 2.5
hours It will take time to process.
each strand, soak the dye on the hair, wash your hair and when
need to spend toning.
Important! Toning helps not only smooth out
the transition between the staining zones, but also eliminate yellowing, which
may appear after using clarifiers.
How much is highlighting
The average hair growth rate is about 1.5 cm per
a month, therefore, regrown roots will become visible after 4
weeks after highlighting. Hairdressers recommend conducting
color correction every 6-7 weeks, but these terms may
vary in one direction or another. More often have to tint
owners of short haircuts and hair, where a large
contrast at the roots. In winter, hair grows slower, so
Radical highlighting can be delayed for 1-2 weeks.
Radical staining costs about 30% cheaper than the main
highlighting. Its price depends on the region, the prestige of the salon and
type of consumables. Price monitoring shows that on average
It is worth counting on a price list of 2-3 thousand
Hair care after the procedure
After radical staining, as well as after the main
highlighting, hair needs special care –
the use of professional cosmetics in combination with home
- Head wash shampoo for melirovannyh hair.
- After each wash, apply balsams on strands or
professional masks, and tips to handle oils or
- Do not comb your hair wet, but for unraveling
purchase a special comb with thin teeth.
- Periodically tint to neutralize yellow
2 best recipe masks
Regenerating. 3 spoons of cottage cheese
Mix with 1 spoon of mayonnaise and 30 ml of jojoba oil. Grind up
uniformity, apply on dry hair and warm. Wash off after 40
minutes using shampoo.
Moisturizing. 1 large spoonful of olive and
castor oil mixed with egg yolk. Apply to hair 30
minutes or leave overnight under the cap. Rinse with warm water.
Is it possible to make highlighting at home?
At home, the most successful will be the classic
highlight using a light shade. More
complex technology with a painstaking selection of tones at home will be implemented
What funds will be needed
For light highlighting you need to prepare:
- bleaching powder;
- oxidizing agent;
- tonic (optional).
Important! Universal recipe preparation
there is no coloring composition. In the process of cooking is necessary
focus only on the manufacturer’s instructions.
From the tools you will need:
- non-metallic container for paint preparation;
- cape on the shoulders.
- Conduct zoning hair according to the scheme described above.
- Prepare the dye.
- Remove the clip on the back of the head, separate the thin strand
and put a strip of foil under it, tightly pressed to the roots.
- Apply the coloring composition, retreating from the roots on
- Wrap the strand in foil, creating an envelope,
secure with clip.
- Do the same with the other strands in the same way.
- Withstand the paint in an open way (without
hats) according to the instructions – from 15 to 60
- Remove the foil from the hair, thoroughly wash your hair.
- If necessary, hold the toning and apply balsam.
Radical highlighting on regrown roots – not only
effective way to maintain the beauty of hair. Technique
can be used to gradually transition from bleached hair to
“Native” light blond or light brown shade.