Lichen planus is a chronic disease that affects
skin, mucous membranes and nails. Another name for the disease – deprive
Wilson The disease belongs to the class of dermatosis and almost always
accompanied by various diseases of internal organs
(chronic colitis, gastritis, gastric ulcer, sugar
diabetes, liver cirrhosis).
- Causes of disease
- Symptoms of the disease
- Types of lichen planus
- Diagnosis of lichen planus
- Treatment of red flat lichen
- Prognosis and prevention of lichen planus
Causes of disease
The main cause of the disease are disruptions in work
immune system. As a result of adverse factors such as:
stresses, disturbances in the metabolic and hormonal system,
allergic reactions, reduced protective properties of the body. AT
As a result, it becomes vulnerable to both endogenous and
There are three main reasons that contribute to
development of lichen planus:
- unsanitary foci of infection;
- malfunction of the immune system;
- biochemical reactions resulting from stress;
- toxic – allergenic agents entering the body.
Symptoms of the disease
Lichen planus is characterized by rashes that
Consist of dense papules reddish – crimson hue. Papules
have a rounded shape with slight dips in the center and
compacted skin on the periphery. Typically, papules are covered with scales,
which are difficult to separate, but after their separation, the surface
Daddy becomes brilliant and smooth. Rash with wilson lichen
have multiple character, papules are arranged in lines,
garlands, rings, showing a tendency to merge and forming extensive
conglomerates. The rash is accompanied by unbearable itching, incredibly
exhausting the patient.
In most cases, the rash is localized on the thighs, on the inside
elbows and knees, in the groin, at least in the mouth and
on mucous genitals. Rash on mucous membranes
formed in fancy lace patterns, rings and mesh.
The affected mucous membranes have a grayish-whitish tint, on the lips –
purple, and on the tongue rash are in the form of flat plaques
white color. Often the disease affects the nails, they change their color
and structure. This pathology never develops on the skin of the feet,
palms and scalp. After illness on affected
spots form pigment spots that are very difficult
Types of lichen planus
There are several types of lichen planus, which
differ in the form, location and structure:
- traditional polygonal pink plaques sometimes lilac
shades are a typical form of this disease;
- atrophic form is a papule with a stable
hyperpigmentation or even without it;
- the bullous form is expressed in the form of subcutaneous blisters;
- hypertrophic form manifested by large nodules and plaques
- normal erythema accompanied by rash with redness
The disease has the following forms:
- acute, which lasts up to 1 month;
- subacute, which lasts up to 6 months;
- long current with a duration of more than 6
- sluggish chronic with alternating periods of exacerbation and
Diagnosis of lichen planus
Diagnosis of red flat lichen is not difficult
due to characteristic symptoms and specific manifestations: favorite
localization of rashes, smooth surface of papules and pinkish
red tint rash. Performs diagnostics
dermatologist. If necessary, to confirm the diagnosis
conduct histological examination of skin material.
Treatment of red flat lichen
When treating lichen, factors that
provoked the disease. To do this, first of all eliminate
causes contributing to the development and exacerbation of the disease.
It is necessary to sanitize chronic foci of infection in the body,
eliminate toxic – allergenic agents responsible for development
allergic reactions, strengthen the protective properties of the body.
Treatment of lichen planus is carried out in four
- local therapy;
- general therapy;
- restorative complex treatment.
General therapy include:
- hormonal therapy combined with antimalarial
drugs (derivatives of 4-aminoquinoline: hydroxychloroquine,
chloroquine), which are immunosuppressive,
anti-inflammatory effect in autoimmune diseases;
- histamine blockers (tavegil, claritin, telfast), which
help reduce itching and normalize sleep.
- vitamin complexes that favorably affect metabolic
processes for example vitamin A regulates the process of cell division and
have anti-inflammatory effect. Also effective
vitamin A derivatives – carotenoids. Vitamin E allows
minimize the side effects of hormones during hormone therapy.
- oxygen therapy that carries oxygen
chronic tissue recurrent tissue transmission
External treatment is carried out:
- hormonal ointment applications;
- solutions and mixtures with menthol, anesthesin, citric
acid, antihistamine ointments in case of strong
- In the case of ulcerative infectious foci, ointment is used.
solcoseryl and sea buckthorn oil and oil based ointment
Surgical treatment of large sites is carried out:
- cryodestruction – destruction of the catch by liquid nitrogen;
- electrocoagulation – cauterization of plaques with high current
Physiotherapy treatment is carried out using:
- phototherapy (ultraviolet radiation);
- laser therapy.
Restorative treatment is carried out by immunomodulators,
able to normalize the immune system (reaferon,
interlock, neovir, ridostin).
Prognosis and prevention of lichen planus
Modern development of medicine can successfully treat red
lichen planus The prognosis of the disease is favorable in all
relations. Prevention of lichen planus lies in
timely treatment of existing foci of inflammation and in compliance
sanitary – hygienic standards.