Thermal shearing is performed with electric scissors with heated
blades whose temperature is adjustable depending on the type
hair. The thicker the hair, the higher the degree set to
thermostat, the thinner – the lower.
Note! Due to the high temperatures
the tip of the hair is soldered. It permanently prevents breakage and
There are 2 varieties in total.
- Caring for the tips – dry and
split ends, while the length remains untouched. Held
on dry and clean hair.
- Full haircut – model haircut.
It is carried out on wet strands.
- 1 History of
- 2 Hot scissors cut pros and cons
- 3 What are hot scissors?
- 4 Cut hot scissors before and after
- 5 Hot shears technology
- 6 Haircut hot scissors at home
- 7 Cost of services in Moscow salons
- 8 Hair care after thermo sheathing
- 9 Similar procedures in beauty salons
- 10 Reviews
- 11 Short video about the procedure
- 12 Frequently asked Questions
The content of the article:
- History of
- Hot scissors cut pros and cons
- What are hot scissors?
- Cut hot scissors before and after
- Hot shears technology
- Haircut hot scissors at home
- Cost of services in Moscow salons
- Hair care after thermo sheathing
- Similar procedures in beauty salons
- Short video about the procedure
- Frequently asked Questions
Haircut hot scissors carried out in ancient Egypt.
Of course, in the absence of electricity, the process was more time consuming and
time consuming. The barber had to warm the blades over
open flame and then cut off with quick and precise movements
hairs. One procedure took several hours.
Used a similar method and in Ancient Russia – the girl
loosened her hair, twisted her tight flagella and cut off the sticking out
fluff, preheating the scissors blade on the stove. Exists
opinion that this procedure helped Russian beauties
to preserve the natural density and beauty of their curls.
Reference! The first real hot scissors were created.
by the German company Jaguar – it was a rather cumbersome electronic
device consisting of scissors, cord and power supply.
Over time, the device became more and more miniature and
comfortable to use, and thanks to the introduction of computer
Diagnostic temperature adjustment is greatly simplified.
Hot scissors cut pros and cons
The procedure has both positive aspects and
negative, consider them in more detail:
- Makes hair thicker and stronger – if carried
- Stops hair loss – no wrinkles
receive good nutrition and do not fall out.
- The section is prevented – the tip is sealed and
not stratified further.
- It takes a lot of time – each strand
processed by the master separately. It takes more than one hour to
to remove all forked tips.
- Expensive – the procedure is more expensive
than a classic haircut.
What are hot scissors?
Hot scissors, it is an electrical appliance with heated
blades and a protective thermal pad on the handles. The device is safe as
for the hairdresser and for his client. Thanks to the temperature
impact is prevented by the cross section, and the protective layer is sealed
Cut hot scissors before and after
Even if you have naturally curly and porous hair prone to
after the first procedure, you will notice significant
- Loss of fluff in length.
- Bifurcated tips disappear.
- Curls will become softer to the touch.
- Solving the problem of confusion.
Features of operation
Hair rods are divided into 3 types – thin and
weakened, normal healthy, and thick and tough. AT
whichever type the client’s hair belongs to, master
selects the temperature mode.
- For thin hair – from 80 to 110 degrees.
- For normal – 130 to 150 degrees.
- For thick and hard – 150 degrees.
The use of modern hot scissors completely eliminates
the likelihood of burns and scalp injuries. Absolute
safety is achieved thanks to a special edged protection
from heat-insulating materials – only cutting remains hot
Types of hot scissors
Thermowers can be divided into 2 types:
- Stationary – scissors on a flexible cord, length
which does not exceed 3 meters. Simultaneously from the power supply
Only one tool works – scissors, thinning or razor.
Controlled by a button. Have 3 temperature conditions.
- Mobile – run on battery mode
heating is set by a laptop computer. Simultaneously with the main
tool, the shaver can be connected to the control unit and
Indications and contraindications
Hot haircut is indicated for the following hair problems:
- The tendency to cut – most often it
characteristic of porous, curly and dyed curls.
- Brittleness and dehydration – the problem of painted
and previously bleached hair.
- Dropout – haircut can help prevent
loss only if it is due to the wrong
leaving. The first is to consult with the trichologist.
- Dullness and weakness – numerous
staining, kinks in length, washing with aggressive agents – everything
this leads to leaching and muffling the color
Although the procedure is aimed at improving health
shag, it is not recommended if your hair:
- Healthy and dense – you will not see big
the difference between regular and hot haircut, but spend 2 times
- Lightened and not filled with pigment (not painted
above) in this case, the procedure may give the opposite
Important! It is not necessary to cut hot scissors
on your own if you do not have this experience!
Hot shears technology
Thermal shearing procedure is carried out in several stages:
- Computer diagnostics – with the help
computer barber determines the structure, thickness and extent
damage to the hair shaft. This is necessary for more accurate
temperature adjustments. In addition, knowing about the hair all the data
the master will be able to choose for you the best care products.
- Harnesses – hairdresser carefully combing
hair, sprinkles it with water (if it is a full haircut) and shears off
protruding split ends.
- Hair styling – this step can be
skip if you need to cut only the section.
Haircut hot scissors at home
If you have a few hours of free time and that thing
important work experience – you can try a haircut in
home conditions. To do this you will need:
- electric scissors;
- mirrors (if your hair does not reach the shoulder blades) – to
control your actions from behind.
- spray gun – for the implementation of a full haircut.
The actions are the same as in the barbershop:
- Heat the scissors to the required temperature.
– As a rule, heating the blades takes no more than a minute.
- Comb your hair and divide it into sectors with
gum – so it will be more convenient to control the course
- Select one strand and twist into a flagellum – you
Immediately you will see bifurcated tips among the loose hairs.
Cut them off. Then twist the harness in the opposite direction and repeat.
act. After there are no split ends on the flagellum
– go to the next order.
- Turn off the thermal shears – after
cut is finished, turn off and then unplug the appliance from the outlet.
Allow the blades to cool and store them in a box.
- Wash your hair with a moisturizing shampoo and
air conditioning, put in the usual way using
Note! Shorn hairs can
tingling skin and delivering discomfort, so always use
peignoir and take a shower after a haircut.
Cost of services in Moscow salons
On average in Moscow, the price tag for the service of hot haircuts
scissors starts from 1 thousand rubles.
The cost varies depending on the location of the cabin,
his reputation, qualifications barber and hair length.
Hair care after thermo sheathing
After thermostatic hair does not require any special care,
However, hairdressers advise to adhere to the following
- Do not sleep with a wet head – it destroys
natural protective layer of the hair, reveals scales and
dehydrates. If you need to wash your hair at night – do
it is a few hours before bedtime or dry your curls with a hair dryer on
cold air mode.
- Wash your head with filtered water only – than
softer water, the longer the hair will remain strong and
- Use cosmetics that suit your type.
- Eat right – make sure that
Your diet was enough foods rich in calcium. If a
necessary – take nutritional supplements.
Similar procedures in beauty salons
By conditional analogues cutting hot scissors can
- pyrophoresis (cutting hair);
- hair polishing;
- lamination and biolamination.
Several reviews from popular sites irecommend.ru and
Short video about the procedure
Frequently asked Questions
How long can the procedure last in the salon?
Thermal shearing takes from 1 to 3 hours, depending on the length,
density and condition of the hair. Therefore, be patient if
want to get a quality result.
How often do you need to cut the tips with hot scissors?
To achieve a sustainable effect, wizards recommend
a course of 2-3 treatments with an interval of 1 haircut per month. First
haircut can take from 1 to 3 hours, and each subsequent will be
take less and less time. With every haircut hair
will become more dense and heavier – respectively, and
intervals can also be increased to 1 time in 3-6 months.
How much is the effect of the procedure?
Depending on the initial state of the hair, the effect of
thermostips will delight you for 3 to 6 months. Do not trust
just for a haircut – do not forget about proper hair care and
watch your diet.
How many sessions will be required?
As mentioned earlier – to achieve sustainable
result you may need 2-3 procedures, with the length
far from always of paramount importance. Firstly
a specialist pays attention to the presence of such problems as a section,
fragility and dryness.
What is the best hot scissors or polished hair?
Polishing hair eliminates thermal effects and sealing
hair edge, however, this procedure takes 2 times less
time than cutting hot scissors. It is carried out with the help
clippers equipped with a special polishing attachment. This
procedure prefer girls who want to do their hair
a little neater without loss of length. The effect of polishing is not so
it is durable and in a month you have to go back to register in
If durability and recovery are important to you – give
preference cutting hot scissors. If priority
is the preservation of the length and quick result polishing – your
Cutting with hot scissors is a pleasant exception when
The thermometer has an extremely positive effect on hair.
Hair after thermo shearing becomes smooth, healthy and dense
– and this without the help of expensive cosmetics. Only
scissors, heat and skillful work of the hands of a professional.