Not the most pleasant fact when head bodies are found on the body.
lice. But no less sad when clothes are wound up, which
are distant relatives of the first. And often from them
it’s much harder to get rid of because they prefer to live in
hard-to-reach places of clothing and bed linen. How to deal with
parasites and how to avoid their appearance in the apartment? That’s about it
- 1 Who are the laundry lice, where do they live and what do they eat?
- 2 Where do bed lice come from – methods of infection
- 3 Symptoms of the appearance of lice
- 4 How to deal with the parasite?
- 5 TOP 3 chemicals from underwear lice
- 6 TOP 3 folk remedies against the parasite
- 7 Why are bed louse bites dangerous?
- 8 Prevention
Who are the laundry lice, where do they live and what do they eat?
The content of the article:
- Who are the laundry lice, where do they live and what do they eat?
- Where do bed lice come from – methods of infection
- Symptoms of the appearance of lice
- How to deal with the parasite?
- TOP 3 chemicals from underwear lice
- TOP 3 folk remedies against the parasite
- Why are bed louse bites dangerous?
Linen, bed lice (biologists classify as wardrobe
louse) – tiny parasites that can be confused with a small
bedbug. Outwardly, they resemble head lice except
that residents of clothing on their paws do not have a mechanism that allows
hold your hair. In the process of evolution due to the change of place
habitat, they have lost this adaptation. From other small
parasites can be distinguished by the following criteria:
- body lice are different from fleas because they do not know how
- compared to bed bugs they leave bites
chaotically throughout the body;
- in contrast to the head lice on the human body, they go
just “have lunch”, and live in the folds and seams of textile
An adult can be up to 5 millimeters long, has
the color of gray tones, which can vary with blood saturation
on red. Flat little body covered with transparent chitin. Average term
Life is 35 days. But females can live for 10 days longer.
Egg development takes up to 18 days. The development of the larva to adult
individuals passes for 2 weeks.
Help: speed of movement of linen insects
reaches 30 centimeters per minute, with a large number of individuals
they quickly fill the whole apartment and settle in upholstered furniture, in
The main habitat is seams and folds.
bed linen and clothes, especially parasites prefer
leave there nits – eggs, of which in the future there will be new
individuals. Body lice can also be upholstered.
furniture, with which a person also often contacts.
Parasites begin to feed only after exiting
the eggs. And if within 2-3 days he does not start eating, then
will perish. The only dish in their diet, of course, is
human blood. The number of “meals” is about 2-3
times a day, for juveniles this number can reach 8. They are not
in any case will not parasitize on pets or
birds. On the body of these animals have their own types of lice. therefore
the possibility of infection from them is excluded.
Where do bed lice come from – methods of infection
Even with proper body and home hygiene
opportunity to pick up such bloodsuckers. Options from
There were louses in the apartment are not so numerous, but in
largely coincide with the ways of infection with head bloodsuckers:
- direct contact with an infected person, it may be
a simple handshake or contact with his clothes;
- kindergartens or camps where clothes often come into contact with
- fitting rooms in stores;
- public or foreign bedding (in the train, in the hotel
- using someone else’s clothes;
- extremely rare, but infection in reservoirs is possible – lice in water
can live for about 2 days and move from victim to victim.
Symptoms of the appearance of lice
The main signs of infection are chaotic bites.
whole body. The main thing is not to confuse them with an allergic reaction or with
bites of other insects (for example, mosquitoes or blackflies).
Bite louses painlessly due to the fact that in their saliva
contains anesthetic. When a louse “eats” a person
may feel only a slight tingling, which later on
will go into a tearing itch. The bite is a red blister
with a puncture point in the center and will occur mainly on that
body area that is in contact with the folds of clothing. how
typically, it is the back, lumbar region, arms, legs, and axillary
In very neglected cases, additional
- dermis thickening;
- the development of furunculosis;
- bluish swelling.
How to deal with the parasite?
If it is determined that the cause of red blisters is
body lice bites, then you need to immediately start
combat them. The main thing is an integrated approach, that is
processing of both the human body and the entire clothing, bedding
accessories. And get rid of parasites on the body and throughout
apartment – similar procedures. Mainly used by all known
insecticides, varying degrees of toxicity. No need to think that
having ironed all things with steam and having made general cleaning, it is possible
get rid of lice. In almost all cases, the need chemical
TOP 3 chemicals from underwear lice
Our grandmothers used kerosene in such cases, but in the century
technologies there are other chemical means:
- permethrin-based chemical insecticide
(торговые названия “НОК”, “Медифокс”, “Pedilin” ). First things
boil for 20 minutes, then add one of the following to the water
- you can use feverfew powder. Them
process clothes and bedding, then leave them in
package for two hours. So adults will die, and if after
iron things with steam, then you can get rid of nits;
- 0,15%-й раствор “Karbofos” также является эффективным
remedy for lice. Treat them before washing.
by this means.
The main thing is to carry out treatment with insecticides many times, because
that the nits are in the seams of clothing and linen, and one application
means does not guarantee that they will die. If flat
badly infected, it is best to call in specialists from SES.
TOP 3 folk remedies against the parasite
At a time when they knew about any chemistry, they used
improvised means. Here are some of them:
- tar soap – great for
hygiene procedures, it has antiseptic properties and
- acetic acid – will help remove lice, but not
destroy nits (for this purpose, you can use cranberry juice, in
which contains many acids);
- turpentine – it is most often added to water,
for processing floors;
Why are bed louse bites dangerous?
In addition to the discomfort that bites will deliver
parasites, body lice can still tolerate sypha and age
typhoid fever in humans
bodies up to 40 ° C, fever, hallucinations, chills, vomiting,
headaches. If such symptoms occur, you should immediately
contact a medical institution.
No one is immune from lice infestation, but some actions
will help protect yourself from such an event:
- it is desirable to avoid contact with asocial personalities
and premises with unsanitary conditions;
- in the case of the acquisition of things with the hands, you must
wash in hot water;
- after traveling by train or hotel,
need to wash thoroughly, and wash clothes at high
temperature, and after steaming.
Do not tempt fate and expose yourself
infection. But if it did happen, you don’t need to
rush into panic. The main time to detect parasites, stock up
patience and responsible approach to getting rid of them.